2/75 mentor sought

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

2/75 mentor sought

Post by BruteForce »

My nephew made it to 2nd Ranger Batt (been there 2 months now). Looks like most of the serious SP4 Mafia hazing has concluded and he's training-up just fine. Anybody in that AO looking to take a newly minted (not yet tabbed) Ranger under his wing, or at the very least, take him out for a beer on my behalf? (I'll even send Paypal cash to cover expenses).
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Invictus
Ranger

Re: 2/75 mentor sought

Post by Invictus »

I understand and appreciate where you're coming from with this request, but understand the mindset of the mentoring crew here.

Our job is to help prepare DEP's in any way possible to make it through RIP. Once that is complete, his mentors HAVE to be his chain of command. He has Team Leaders and Squad Leaders whose job it is to raise him. We, collectively, have a great deal of respect for that process and would not impede it in any way.

Just my .02 worth.

Now taking him out for a beer is a different thing altogether 8)
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Invictus: Understood. I knew posting this, I'd be opening a potential can of shit.

Beers would be fine. I'm confident my nephew is in good hands with his CoC and squad/platoon/company.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

BruteForce wrote:Invictus: Understood. I knew posting this, I'd be opening a potential can of shit.

Beers would be fine. I'm confident my nephew is in good hands with his CoC and squad/platoon/company.
Not a can of shit, just sharing some perspective.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”