Airborne then ROP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Airborne then ROP

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Hello Rangers,
I have Airborne School lined up soon with ROP following directly after. My buddy (SF Selection grad, busted ankle during Q Course) told me that my legs will be beat up from the towers/jumps. Is there anything I can do now with five months out before my fun begins to strengthen or continue doing while in Airborne School so I don't show up dorked up to ROP? I've waited for an oppurtunity like this for quite some time and trying to cover all the bases.

V/R,
~Christopher
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Airborne then ROP

Post by Jim »

Run a lot...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Be in shape and you have nothing to worry about. Five months is plenty of time to turn yourself into a PT stud. You can do this.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Good Evening Rangers,

Airborne wings earned! Just graduated this Friday, it rained on us alittle but didn't dampen the pride and spirits. We lost about 30 from the PT test of all things on day 1 (from kids doing their own age group PT test standards of all things :evil: ). We lost 2 kids to injury from doing the duffle bag drag into those old barracks and screwing themselves up. 3 Kids out right quit without even trying (fuck em'). One stripe-wearer quit as well the same day without even trying, and he was supposed to go to Regiment as their new Bugs N' Gas (NBC - CBRN) NCO. We lost roughly another 20-30 over the following weeks through injury, fear, or not following mind-numbingly simple instructions. Last local rumor had us starting at 550+ and only graduating roughly 420. Glad this guy made, the kids could need it, heading to RASP in about 10 hours, cannot wait to get some real training started!

V/R,
~Christopher
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You have shown a serious lack of judgement coming here and bragging about other people's weaknesses. Especially as an NCO and considering your own history. You're supposed to set the standard, not act like a hypocrite and conveniently leave out your own shortcomings. That is borderline pathetic.

Until you make it through RASP, you're to refrain from posting. If you make it through RASP, we'll reconsider your status on this board.

Thread locked.

RLTW!

Return to “About RASP”