Sensation/Risk Seeking Test

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

DrD
Tadpole

Sensation/Risk Seeking Test

Post by DrD »

Thought you all might enjoy this. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... sensation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My score was a 32.
Cheers;
DrD
~Black Raven~
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sensation/Risk Seeking Test

Post by Jim »

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10
This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 5 out of 10
This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 7 out of 10
This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 8 out of 10
This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 29 out of 40
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Jim wrote:Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10
This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 5 out of 10
This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 7 out of 10
This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 29 out of 40

My exact score. Cmon bro....you want to smoke a doobie? :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Rock Island Ranger wrote: My exact score. Cmon bro....you want to smoke a doobie? :lol:
You sure your liver could stand more damage?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Silverback wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote: My exact score. Cmon bro....you want to smoke a doobie? :lol:
:oops: naaaa.....guess not...... :oops:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Silverback wrote:
:oops: naaaa.....guess not...... :oops:
Wanna spark one anyway?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Silverback wrote:Wanna spark one anyway?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gawd.....bro, Ive been a pretty good boy for a lot of years...get me started and next thing you know Ill be importing Phillipino Sex slaves and shooting the neighbors.
RS Class # 7-76

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gawd.....bro, Ive been a pretty good boy for a lot of years...get me started and next thing you know Ill be importing Phillipino Sex slaves and shooting the neighbors.
Now I REALLY need to try & make one of these Ranch Rendezvous thingies....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT...RIDE THE SNAKE!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Results
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 9 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 6 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40

More on sensation seeking
Sensation seeking is a personality trait expressed in behaviour as a tendency to seek varied, novel, complex and intense sensations and experiences and to take physical risks for the sake of having such experiences.

These experiences could take the form of extreme adventure activities such as skydiving, snowboarding and mountain climbing. But the trait can also express itself in high drug, alcohol or tobacco use.

Men generally score higher than women on the total score and on all the subscales except Experience Seeking. Sensation Seeking Scale scores increase during childhood, peak in the late teens or early twenties, and thereafter decrease steadily with age.

People with similar scores on the Sensation Seeking Scale also tend to be more romantically compatible with each other.

Divorced males score higher than single and married males, and divorced and single females score higher than married females.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
DrD
Tadpole

Post by DrD »

Ardent Lady-

We are so close! Same score... just weighted differently in the sub areas. :D

Here is mine:

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 7 out of 10
This describes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 8 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40
~Black Raven~
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 9 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 35 out of 40
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

I got bored and quit.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”