No pre ranger anymore seeking guidance

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Re: No pre ranger anymore seeking guidance

Post by boscounderfoot »

Grunt11B wrote:

My last 2 mile was 1145 pushups were 63 and situps were 60. Granted i know my weak spots on these events and have been un fucking myself in said events. I recently ran a 10k in 53min.

Thank you Rangers
Very Respectfully
Big Murph
How in the fuck is a 6'5" 255lbs guy running an 11:45? Somebody needs to check that distance! :shock:

......As for preRanger, the whole reason for the course is to outline deficiencies in your training so you can concentrate on correcting them before you try to join the big leagues. Ranger School is definitely not the place to be if you can't navigate!
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

JLTW!!! wrote:Bosco, I've been meaning to ask you when were you in 1/87 Sct. Plt.?
pm incoming.
Grunt11B
Embryo

Post by Grunt11B »

Ranger Bosco,

I'm just one of those big guys who can run. I took advantage of the elevation while deployed to Afghanistan and ran all the time. My squad leader just told me he is going to let me train and do whatever I need to do for Ranger School so when I get back he can "smoke a Ranger" anyway thanks for the advice Rangers.
SGT USA INF 2006-Present
OEF 2007-2008
OIF 2009-2010
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.â€
dogface11b
Ranger

Post by dogface11b »

Dont mind fuck yourself into thinking that your not prepared enough (although I highly recommend the NG PRC if you can get there). Make sure your PT is square and you are mentally prepared to be there as long as it takes to finish the course (i.e. dont get butt hurt if you recycle a phase). If you need some help with land nav I have some simple stupid land nav classes on power point, just shoot me a PM if you're interested.
1/30 INF 3/3 ID 2001'-06

C. Co 2-152 Cav (ABN)(LRSC)-2008-2010

RS Class 05-09
Grunt11B
Embryo

Post by Grunt11B »

Ranger Dogface,

I will definitely take those powerpoint slides on land nav, im sure it will help and if anything it will be awesome information to give to my joes. I am 100% mentally prepared for this, I have been waiting for this moment since before i signed my original contract. A couple of guys on my last deployment were RI's and gave me some good input. One in particular real set some knowledge on me it all stuck but the one piece of advice that really stuck was no matter if you get your tab our not, your going to leave there 100x a better soldier, granted you dont quit and get THS. Like I had said before, one of my only contingents for my unit allowing me to go is if I get recycled i have to leave and return to station. I can also NOT get hurt, and risk being non deployable. I can also not walk on to Airborne school. You take the good with the bad. If i can get a slot for AUG if for any reason i get recycled I MAY be able to stay. We will see

Ranger Dogface... PM Inbound.

Very Respectfully
Big Murph
SGT USA INF 2006-Present
OEF 2007-2008
OIF 2009-2010
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.â€
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

JLTW!!! wrote:Murph,

Don't go to the Suck all worried about recycling, or injuries, etc. Just show up ready, give 100% and then some, and let the cards fall where they may---and it'll probably be in your favor. You get all mindfucked about the "what-if's" and all the other shit that could happen and your likely to get tripped up along the way or injured. Get your mindset 100% ready and go handle it bro!
And there it is.
Now just do it.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Grunt11B
Embryo

Post by Grunt11B »

Rangers,

A update, I'm curently on rear detatchment. I was unable to go to ranger school at the pervious date due to my father having a stroke, sezior, brain tumor, and stage 4 lung cancer diagnosed before my school date. He was givin a short timeframe to live so I stayed close. His timeframe has changed now and there is more time for him. Regardless I have been training again since the army combatives competition In GA. I see that SGTs can go to RIP now and was wondering if anyone had a LNO contact at Fort Lewis i can talk to about getting into battalion. If I have to take my stripes off I would do it with pride to serve in Ranger Battalion.
SGT USA INF 2006-Present
OEF 2007-2008
OIF 2009-2010
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

if you really want it, you know where 2nd BN's at right? go talk to the CSM or Rear-D NCOIC if they aren't home. If I were you, and make metallic, clanky sounds when I jumped up and down, that's what I'd do.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
rangerrod
Ranger

Post by rangerrod »

Make sure you can knock out a shit load of pushups. Expect to hear the RI count 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 etc. as far as the other skills, you'll get lots of classes that will help you. the best advice I can give you is to remember that they can kill you but they cant eat you. Never fucking quit. As long as you do't get injured you'll be good to hook. Remember you'll have 2d LTs there that dont know shit going through with you and they make it.
C Co 2/75 scout sqd. 81-85
DHG RANGER school class# 8-83
RTLW
If a woman has a pair of tits and one pussy, then why does she wear one bra and a pair of panties.
Just something to think about....
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Some have gone through without Pre-Ranger.........................
True.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangerrod
Ranger

Post by rangerrod »

By the way i know i said earlier that 2d Lts don't know shit. Most might not have the infantry skills but they will be able to contribute to to the mission better than some. I.E. If you have a 5 mile sniper in your squad he can knock out your arty overlays and trps for your op oder. The key is to find the keys strengths of your guys and use them accordingly. That way you can focus on the most important part of the op order which is actions on the objective.
C Co 2/75 scout sqd. 81-85
DHG RANGER school class# 8-83
RTLW
If a woman has a pair of tits and one pussy, then why does she wear one bra and a pair of panties.
Just something to think about....

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”