DEPs - READ THIS (A letter from a failure)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Nathan
Tadpole

Post by Nathan »

Thank you Marine Leatherneck, I know I haven't been running or PTing as much as I should be lately. I have been concentrating to much on the weights. It's time for me to start doing some real work.

I don't want to be PMing someone on this site about failing. And, I especially don't want to fail myself.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

yea, him talking about how he trained so hard was BS! i don't run as much as i should, and when i took the PT test to move up to E-2 (which i passed) i ran the 2 mile in 13:12. When i was at a DEP conference, at the end of it the seargents called the names of the people who earned a pay upgrade, i never want to be on the side that didn't make it! Their faces showed the emotion of defeat! I never want that look on my face!

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Nathan wrote:Thank you Marine Leatherneck,
That's Airborne Marine Leatherneck to you!
Nathan
Tadpole

Post by Nathan »

Spartan wrote:
Nathan wrote:Thank you Marine Leatherneck,
That's Airborne Marine Leatherneck to you!
Thank you Airborne Marine Letherneck.

I apologize Ranger Spartan for getting out of line.

I apologize Airborne Marine Leatherneck for not addressing you properly.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Another one bites the dust.
And another one's gone, and another one's gone,
And another one bites the dust.

Cool cadence that means something when one of ya fall out and the formation starts singing that one.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... what can I add to that next? :twisted:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Thanks for the post Airborne Marine Leatherneck.

~Joseph
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

DEPs,
You should know that failure is the rule, meeting the standard is the exception! You should strive to be exceptional in all you do, 70% is never enough.

I have in the past 2-months here (173d Airborne) seen AT LEAST 7 RIP failures and 2 18X wash-outs. I don't call the 18X troopers failures because (as I was corrected by a fucking private) they aren't quitters, they were "Voluntary withdrawls"! Keep in mind that I am not seeing all the people who quit/fail, I just see the troopers getting assigned to my Battalion!

Yeah you're right Italy is a cool place and it has lot of cool old stuff. You will spend the little time you have between deployments preparing for deployments. All the while some greasy fuckin Italian will be bangin' your Eastern European Stripper Girlfriend (when she's not out spending your deployment savings on tighter britches)!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

"Hey SFC , I didn't quit! I voluntarily withdrew!"

That's rich!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

That reminds me of the HARD WORK running cadence:

Oh mama mama can't chu seeeee........................... HARD WORK!

Ranger Life is TRULY FOR MEeeeeeh............................. HARD WORK!

We run all day and we Run all Nigggght............................ HARD WORK!

Ranger Life, I FIGHT WITH ALL MY MIGHT................... HARD WORK!!!

HARD WORK.........HARD WORRRRK!........................ HARD WORK!

HARD WORK GONNA WORK ALL DAYYYYYY!!!!

It takes HARD WORK to make it in this line of work youngins

and doin HARD WORK is the only way you'll get there.

Half ass bullshit won't cut it.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Hey Ape some fucker had the balls to say that shit to you? WHAT THE FUCK! HEY BOYS CHECK IT OUT...THERE IS ONLY WINNERS AND LOOSERS. THERE IS NO POINTS OR AWARDS FOR JUST TRYING. NO ONE GIVES TO FUCKS ON WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO THEY ONLY GIVE A FUCK ON WHAT YOU ACCOMPLISHED.
Last edited by Parabellum on July 5th, 2004, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

H8,
You have to understand that we (America) have raised an entire generation(+) of negotiaters. Just talk to one of these kids and you always have several answers to one problem. It's remarkable the amount of deal making parents can inspire in children. The problem is that success does not compromise, excellence is not bartered for. A quitter is a quitter is a quitter. I don't care if you call it "Voluntary withdrawl" it' still contains the message, I cannot meet the standards!

Let's not even mention the Mantra of this generation, "It doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you did your best". Can you imagine a worse message to send to children? This negates the fact that the average person can achieve alot more than they give themselves credit for. They get to the glass ceiling of "Thier best" and BAM they're done!

Message to cherries..
Fight harder, snivel less and forget what you thought you could do, redefine yourself and your expectations of life!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

When I was younger it sucked but as I've gotten older I appreciate my fathers attitude in raising me......"do it or don't there's no try" and God help me if I ever responded to his requests with "in a minute" :shock:

Thank you for the post Airborne Marine Leatherneck I go today to see the recruiter and find out if I'll be able to enlist yet.....if not I will make damn sure I get my fatass on the ball and I will make weight by next week.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.

Return to “Letters from School”