awww hell

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: awww hell

Post by C-MAC »

hobbit wrote:Shooting at the range 5 minutes down the road from here would be very convenient (it's an 800 meter range), but it's not like there aren't other places you can shoot pretty close by. Not only that, but this county, Rio Grande County, Colorado, is probably one of the most gun-friendly in the US. It's still the Old West here. Unless they're federal statutes, we have no gun laws here, and no animal ordinances either. Shoot where you want to shoot and let your dog run free.

My buddy on the sheriff’s department, Sgt. Boyd Wheelright, told me last time he dropped by for coffee, that we have 13 registered machine guns in the county, two of them heavy (.50 caliber), and about 800 registered assault rifles. All told, this county's 13,000 residents own an estimated 10,000 firearms. Even the Amish here are well-armed and make no qualms about it. If you have no felonies in your past, you can get a concealed-carry permit here in about 4 hours. Nowhere I've been does the adage "a well-armed society is a polite society" ring true like it does here. Oh, and other than a couple of suicides, we've had zero gun-related violence in this county for more than three years. The left is loath to acknowledge things like that.

Anyway, I like to drive about 15 miles south of my place to where the open range of the San Juan National Forest starts. You can go down there in the foothills and set up an impromptu shooting range anywhere you want and nobody is going to bother you. It's beautiful down there; lots of wild horses, pronghorn, and elk. Living here has turned my thinking around on some issues I've entertained for years. I hadn't hunted since I was sixteen. I went out and bagged a pronghorn last year, and felt good about it. My neighbor is a USDA butcher who dressed and wrapped it for me. Next year an elk I hope.
Are you sure you didn't die and go to Heaven? Because it sure looks and sounds like it.

Yeah, and I am guessing if I died, I am in the other place. :cry:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

Well I guess I will just keep updating this thread. I have had my eyes set on a ACOG for this rifle for a while. And I just havent been able to pull the trigger and buy one, namely cuz the wife got laid off at the end of her school year and our plan to pay our way out of CC debt kinda hampered the effort a good bit.

Either way, I had been given some amazon.com gift cards a while back and we hadn't found anything to use them on. So I decided to put them towards a cheap interim optic for my AR. A little searching and I found this Vortex Strikefire that is supposed to be a good Aimpoint comp at half the price. So I ponyed up a few bucks and bought one. Got it for 50 out of pocket. Bought it thursday and it arrived here today. Very fast shipping from a company calle MIRRA.N.ME.. actually looks like a couple chicks down in Missouri.

Either way, I just installed it so I have'nt had time to shoot it yet..but So far I am pretty impressed with it. Construction seems stout and the lens are clear. The red/green dot is crisp and adjustable. Has NV cap. and came with a solid mount, lens covers, hex's and a thread on 2x doubler..All in all for just 50 bucks not a bad buy. Windage and elevation adjustments are coin style and operate in the one click = 1/2 moa.

I dont have pics yet..but I will post up when I do..
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I've looked at the Vortex 3x magnifier.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

Pics as promised

Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA

Return to “Weapons of War”