Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Thor
Future Soldier

Introduction

Post by Thor »

Hello Rangers,

I have been browsing this forum for the last couple weeks and finally decided to register and become known to the community. For as long as I could remember, I have had thoughts of joining the military. I recently turned 18 last month, and so I have decided to make it a reality.

Upon looking through the various branches, there has been one group of individuals that has really stuck out to me, and this website even furthered my interested: The Army Rangers. So I talked to the recruiter a few times, took my ASVAB, and scored an 84. Qualified for my Option 40 contract. However, I can't sign anything until March 9, due to the fact I have a court subpoena.

Back on topic. Other the last month I have decided that I want to push myself to the limits, and take on the arduous, and rewarding task of becoming an Army Ranger. I'm aware it's no cake walk, and I will probably get smoked countless times over the course of training, and pushed beyond boundaries and in ways I can't even imagine, but I want to do it. I've started training for it NOW so I can be ready for the worst. I have come to this board seeking guidance and information so I can best prepare myself to become an elite member of the armed forces. Go big or go home.

A bit more about myself. I've never been an extreme athlete, but I consider myself fit. Over the last month I've been doing strength training in the gym, and running about 2 miles 3 times a week, ramping it up a mile every 2-3 weeks until I hit 5 or so. I'm fairly short. I stand at around 5"8. My only concern is my weight, which I'm pretty lean and only about 135lbs, but hey, the lighter you are the more you can run, right? :D

Anyways, I don't mean to tell you guys my life story, so I'll leave it at that. I would like to take a moment to thank you all for allowing me to chat among you, and thank you for serving our country. I have an immense amount of respect for people willing to put their lives on the line in the defense of liberty and the American people. And with that, any suggestions, tips, and comments are welcome.
ShotUp
Soldier

Re: Introduction

Post by ShotUp »

Welcome.

Good luck in everything you do.
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site. Please read all of the sitcky's and rules and use the search function prior to asking any questions.

Also, you need to read the PM I've sent you prior to posting again as well.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, Thor. Be sure and let us know if you sign that OPT40.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. Don't sign a contract unless it is exactly what you want.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. Keep us informed of progress with your recruiter.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Thor
Future Soldier

Post by Thor »

Thank you Rangers. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. My desire to server is literally growing everty day, and even more as I continue to browse the forums here.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Thor wrote:Thank you Rangers. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. My desire to server is literally growing everty day, and even more as I continue to browse the forums here.
Welcome and good luck in your journey. Maybe tell momma to double up on the rations, sure as your 135 lbs someone will decide you need to carry the baseplate.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Future Soldier

Post by Thor »

Hah, trust me Ranger Rangerjuena, I've been doing everything I can think of, short of creatine, to gain some mass. I eat 6-7 meals a day, on top of doing muscle building workouts right now and keeping my cardio away from weight-burning extremes. Doing 3 protein shakes a day. I pretty much have 0 fat on me. I'm just a lean ass stick in the wind.(A short stick that is!) My goal is 145 before I hit basic. I think thats a good weight for my height and will be a good balance between strength and endurance at that point. Any suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated!
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Where in OH are you from?
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
ctm88
Embryo

Post by ctm88 »

Thor,

PM inbound
Thor
Future Soldier

Post by Thor »

JarHedSolja wrote:Where in OH are you from?
I'm from Strasburg, OH. Small town just outside Dover, 30-40 minutes south of canton.

Return to “Introduction Archive”