Quick ? for you guys...

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
teamtyson
Embryo

Quick ? for you guys...

Post by teamtyson »

Hi there! I have a husband in Florida Phase and a brother - umm, well can't talk about him, but know I am asking on his behalf (he's a Ranger), as well.

1)What land nav books, if any, would you recommend to someone who will be going through Ranger School? I was thinking about getting one as a Christmas present for one of my 4 bro.s who will be going thru the suckfest in the near future.

2) What are some things you guys would want in a care package if you were deployed?

3) What advice, tips, pointers and/or heads up would you give someone in the final phase of RS?

I THANK YOU in advance for your time and help. I greatly appreciate it and know your brothers in arms will too!

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING/TURKEY DAY!!! I am thankful for your selfless sacrifices you choose daily to ensure our freedom and liberties. :D
God bless you - Team Tyson
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
teamtyson
Embryo

Re: Quick ? for you guys...

Post by teamtyson »

Tenn-RGR wrote:

1. I wouldn't recommend any books in hopes of improving their land nav skills. What is your goal with these presents? Are you just trying to provide them something that will help them out during ranger school? If yes, then there are plenty of other more useful items you could purchase.
2. I always liked current magazines like; Maxim, Motorcycle related magazines (dirt and cruiser type), and any weapon magazines. I dont like food because everything you need, you can get one way or another over there but thats just me.
3. Dont fuck up.
1. Yes, I am just trying to provide them with something that will help them during RS. What other more useful items could I purchase? I thought of tritium linsatic compass so he won't have to use a flash light for night ops. I know one of my brothers has only basic knot tying skills. I am all ears/eyes for any suggestions you may have that you found helpful and I thank you for your time.
What about sealskinz socks/gloves?
2. Thank you - I will send them. What about workout protein/supplements?
3. I'll pass it on. :lol:

THANK YOU!!!
God bless you - Team Tyson
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”