PT topics and other questions

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
grj5001
Paratrooper

PT topics and other questions

Post by grj5001 »

My conditioning at this point will get me through basic and AIT and possibly Airborne school. I can run a cross country race at an 830 pace and still have room for more but I know thats not good enough For RIP. I do have a larger frame becuase I like to Power/Olumpic lift but I am slowly converting my workouts to more rep based. I just wanted to get a feel of how the 5 mile run will be. I know at Fort Benning it will be hilly but I wasnt sure if they had a certain place where they hold the run. Another question I have is just how often do we get to contact and talk to family, this question is more for my mother, but I would like to know too
Thanks
Greg
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

the five mile run is held on a one mile track just down the road from the RIP barracks, so its flat, you should be able to run 5 miles in 40 minutes by the time you get to RIP. there was only one guy who failed the run in my class and he stopped to piss....twice, he wasnt the smartest kid in the class so to speak

oh and if you are worried about calling your mother everyday in RIP then you are in some trouble, you will have time to talk to your family on the weekends
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

JLTW!!! wrote:Look at you "all grown up" Daniel. :lol:

How's it going bro?
I dont know about "all grown up" just yet, maybe growing up, I'm still the cherry bitch I was a few months ago, but I am soon to be someones senior private with a little better chance at going to get that Tab

Return to “About RASP”