Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mtroypalmer
Embryo

Intro

Post by mtroypalmer »

I posted this in the wrong spot so I suck. Dumb squid.
I called out a phony Ranger at work today.
I told my 3rd group buddies about this and they got a kick out of it. First off, I am a dirty fuckin squid. Yah I know, jokes, jokes, jokes. I have been to Iraq for three tours as a door gunner/crew chief with HCS-4 and HCS-5 flying in the HH60H working for an AF command and I have been in combat, shooting combat not a mouth breathing fobbit getting mortared once a week and calling it combat.
Well we had this clown who was telling people he was in Somolia and he was put in for the MOH but it was shot down for whatever reason. So I called my SF friend at Bragg to get details on who is who and how the Regiment is made up. So I went and talked to him for a few and we were talking about the AC-130 and he told me how they called in an airstrike with the 105. "It was awesome seeing that tracer come down" this peaked my attention for obvious reasons. So I asked him who he was with and he said the 75th. Then I asked him what bat he was with, "6" is what he said. No what bat were you with? "Chalk 6". No dude what battalion were you with? Oh the 101st. Then I asked him when he went through Ranger school. "March of 91". What was your class number? "03 94" Wouldn't that put you going through in 94. "I dont remember, it was 15 years ago". You dont forget that stuff, I said 9708 was my SAR Swimmer class number. "Well I forgot" Youre full of shit! And I walked out. He went to lunch and called saying he quit and that he didnt need to explain his military career to me. Yes. punk ass you do. I dont think he was ever in the military. Even as a squidiot, I know what a regiment and a battalion are.
See yah. Troy...out :twisted:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I didn't direct you to this forum because this is where you put up your post about punking people out. I gave you the link because this where you come and introduce yourself. I told you to read the stickies at the top of the forum page in the PM. You need to unfuck yourself fast. The edit button in this section does not work. Post your introduction below this post or consider yourself banned for failure to follow instructions.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
mtroypalmer
Embryo

Intro

Post by mtroypalmer »

Wow you dont screw around! Let me pull my head out of my ass, wipe the shit out of my eyes and have a look around. Name is Troy. Currently a Petty Officer First Class (E6) in the Navy Reserve. Joined in 1994 and went to Yeoman A school and realized that I couldnt type so they sent me to do the job that you dont see in th commercials, chippin paint. Well that sucked so I went on to SAR Swimmer school and then to HS-15 in Jacksonville, FL. Got out in 2003, joined the reserves and went to HS-75. Got mobilized in April of 2005 and went to HCS-4 (formerly known as HAL4, The Seawolves in Vietnam) Went on to do two Iraq tours with them and one with the sister squadron HCS-5. Demobilized June 2007 to start a job building miniguns. Life is good.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

How the fuck do you do three tours in two years?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

Kilted Heathen wrote:How the fuck do you do three tours in two years?
Four month tours.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Intro

Post by Disinfertention »

mtroypalmer wrote:*snip
I will admit I have no clue what the hell you said.

Thanks for your service and welcome to the site. Albeit you did it a little ass-backwards. Someone else may come along to square you away in the ousting of the poser stuff you posted.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

That's one fucking tour total.

You can call it what you like. Four months is not a tour, it's a fucking visit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

Kilted Heathen wrote:That's one fucking tour total.

You can call it what you like. Four months is not a tour, it's a fucking visit.
Not my call! Thanks for the warm welcome.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and if you'd like to stay here and be a participating guest here, get an avatar. read the stickies, like it's been said.

thanks for serving. and just for some perspective, your four tours still don't equal the last one I just did.

and those Fobbits, they end up any less dead than a fence crossing "line dog" when the mortars landed? their parents grieve less?

it's a volunteer military. you volunteered for the branch and MOS, just like all the rest of us. we all serve. we all take chances, and so long as service members do their jobs with due diligence, they have my respect. even chest thumpers like you.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As you can see, this is a different site than most, So I hope you have thick skin.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

Bravo57 wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As you can see, this is a different site than most, So I hope you have thick skin.
That is putting it lightly. No worries.
mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

KW Driver wrote:and if you'd like to stay here and be a participating guest here, get an avatar. read the stickies, like it's been said.

thanks for serving. and just for some perspective, your four tours still don't equal the last one I just did.

and those Fobbits, they end up any less dead than a fence crossing "line dog" when the mortars landed? their parents grieve less?

it's a volunteer military. you volunteered for the branch and MOS, just like all the rest of us. we all serve. we all take chances, and so long as service members do their jobs with due diligence, they have my respect. even chest thumpers like you.
The only reason I said it like that is because people think of the navy at 20 miles off th coast in safe waters.
A buddy of mine put it to me like this before we found out ol boy was a phony. "the part that pisses me off is that he cant be proud of what he did. He has to talk up his service. I am an Apache mechanic and I am proud of what I do and of my service". Fuckin "a" that put it into prospective for me. Not everyone can be a door kicker or a door gunner doing four month "visits" (dont be jealous)wah wah wahhhh. We need those dude or fobbits ,as I called them, to do their jobs so we dont have to worry if we are gonna get paid or not while we do missions.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You are a "sky-crane".
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

Kilted Heathen wrote:You are a "sky-crane".
And dont forget a taxi.
mtroypalmer
Embryo

Post by mtroypalmer »

mtroypalmer wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:You are a "sky-crane".
And dont forget a taxi.
Oh and dont forget CAS support. You can ask the dudes from ask the dudes from ODA 761 about that.

Return to “Introduction Archive”