Introduction Balian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Balian
Embryo

Introduction Balian

Post by Balian »

Hello,

I am a 21 year old college student currently in my junior year at the University of Texas at Dallas. I have always wanted to serve in the military and after meeting and spending a whole week on a mountain climb with a U.S. Army Ranger I'm 110% commited to becoming one.

About me for those who care.

Graduated H.S. 2005 I played football as a defensive end for all four years. Made All state DE from my soph-senior year as well as all district TE my senior year plus captain of my football team senior year. Captain of my school fellowship of christian atheletes my senior year as well. Since then I have been involved in a group called wondervoyage as a staff member on their expozure leg which basically is a survival retrete. Keep in mind I am a huge outdoors fan and love climbing mountains, mnt biking, hiking, survial races, cross country rough terrain races and what not. I am a rather large guy at 6,4 250lb and maintain a healthy diet and workout routine 3 times a week. Ofcourse I plan to insanley increase my workouts a few months before I ship off. I believe this is enough information to cover myself.
What man is a man that does not better the world?
Balian
Embryo

Maybe im 2 dumb to find the edit post button

Post by Balian »

I re read the introduction isntrcutions and left out why I decided to join this webside. I want to become a ranger and this seems to be the best conduit to speak with former or active rangers about any quesiton I might have.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Balian,

Make sure you read the ROE PM I have sent you. You need to capitalize the word Ranger, and address all Rangers accordingly.

What exactly is your plan with regards to enlistment? You planning on finishing school and then getting an Option 40?

Where did you graduate from HS? Have you give yourself a PT test yet, and if so, what was the score?
Gordo173
Ranger

Re: Maybe im 2 dumb to find the edit post button

Post by Gordo173 »

Balian wrote:I re read the introduction isntrcutions and left out why I decided to join this webside. I want to become a ranger and this seems to be the best conduit to speak with former or active rangers about any quesiton I might have.
Ofcourse I plan to insanley
Learn to spell (for further guidance and assistance on Spelling PM Ranger Puck, he's our resident expert on spelling and always glad to assist, a real teddy bear!)

And to answer your other post....NO, statistically you don't have what it takes. Many try out few are chosen. So if you are looking at it from a statistical perspective Give Up Now! If on the other hand you are looking at it from the Willpower and Desire perspective then you may have a shot. Size, weight, blood pressure, workout routine, diet mean absolutely SHIT! Desire, Willpower those are the keys.
Bottomline, Do you want it or are you just thinking you want it. There is a difference, if you understand the difference then "statistically" you have a shot.

Good Luck!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

While you appear to possess the physical traits needed for the task, nobody knows if you have the mental trait. A good part of successfully earning the Tan Beret will depend upon how bad you want it....guts and determination. Lots of PT studs quit every day of every RIP Class.

You've certainly come to the right place to up the odds, however. After you secure an Option 40 (Ranger) contract, be sure and request a Mentor. In the meantime, read the forums. There are lots of PT routines that have been proven which you can access in the Physical Fitness section and put into action. You can also research the other forums and get a better feel for what will be expected of you, should you pursue this dream.

Welcome to the board. We have a pretty large group of Texans here. Don't let us down. :wink:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

You have to figure....Texas has more Rangers than the rest of the country. Must be something in the water.

Welcome here and good luck on your pursuit.

High School football in Texas is an obsession. All State as a Sophmore????
What school? I live in Katy and anyone in Texas knows.....we do football.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:I live in Katy and anyone in Texas knows.....we do football.
And pig races! :lol:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

EarthPig wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:I live in Katy and anyone in Texas knows.....we do football.

RLTW
EP
And cat killings? :roll:
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Disinfertention wrote:
EarthPig wrote:

RLTW
EP
And cat killings? :roll:
At the Ranch. 8)
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Balian
Embryo

Post by Balian »

Yes I'm sorry on the spelling I have not slept in over 24 hours I believe I have been debating, researching, and truly anticipating this decision, mainly because I have a scheduled first interview with a recruiter tomorrow.

As far as my high school is concerned I graduated from Rowlett Christian Acadamy (private school of course) My soph year our school was in 2A Tcal league and we did go to state there, but lost (quarterback threw 9 interceptions!) I suppose compared to katy and the size of league there my All-State might be an equivalent to attaining an all-district title in a public school 2a+. We did move to the Tapps 2a league my junior year and it was a much tougher lot to play against. Anyway it was alot of fun and I was able to play in the all star game for north texas vs south texas my senior year. We owned em!

As for the other questions on here I will get back to them asap once I have the answers. Also is there a way to edit previous post so I can correct my spelling it always bugs me when I see it in other peoples comments and especially in my own.
rehevam
Tadpole

Post by rehevam »

Balian, I graduated from UTD in 2003 - BSEE. What's your major? Make sure you keep this thread updated when you decide whether you are going to finish school or jump right in to the Army. I'm curious to see what you decide.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and your interest in becoming an Army Ranger is appreciated. Be sure to answer the questions that have been asked of you and keep us informed of your progress with your recruiter.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”