SW1911 .45

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Invictus
Ranger

Re: SW1911 .45

Post by Invictus »

want2race wrote:I won a certificate for a Stainless Steel SW1911 at the Pro-am championship in Tulsa a little while ago. Finally got the pistol in. This is the first time I've actaully seen a SW 1911 up close. My impression? Pretty darn good. It is has the series 80 safety but the trigger is actually quite good. I would carry it as is. Fit and finish is what I expected from a box stock production line gun, it's good though. Too tight and reliability can get iffy. My Springfield is much sloppier. I haven't shot it but the barrel fit is good.

I've seen Taurus PT1911's up close and this is so much better. I was really shocked at what Taurus allows to leave their shop. That's another story though. If I were spending my own money, in the $600-$750 price range the SW would get my vote. Yes, the retail on these is a shade over a grand but the going street price is about $750.

If I didn't already have other plans, I'd keep it.
You selling it?

Pics?
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SW1911 .45 (ETA: FS)

Post by KW Driver »

want2race wrote:
If I didn't already have other plans, I'd keep it.

ETA:
Since this sounds like an ad, I'll post a price: 7 bills
I can change parts to suit (sights, safeties etc, free labor)
yeah, kinda does sound like a sale.... :roll: :D

I assume it's a 5" right want2race?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Weapons of War”