McCain picks Alaska governor Sarah Palin for VP

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

McCain picks Alaska governor Sarah Palin for VP

Post by RTO »

DAYTON, Ohio - John McCain picked Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, a conservative who shares his maverick streak, as his vice presidential running mate on Friday in a startling selection on the eve of the Republican National Convention.

At a raucous rally in the swing state of Ohio, McCain said he made his pick after looking for a political partner "who can best help me shake up Washington and make it start working again for the people who are counting on us."

McCain said that Palin was "exactly who I need. She's exactly who this country needs to help us fight the same old Washington politics of me first and country second."

Palin, whose name wasn't on the short list of prospects so heavily discussed publicly in recent weeks, thus became the first woman named to a spot on a Republican ticket. "I am honored," she said as she stood by a beaming McCain in her first few seconds in the national spotlight.

In a fast-developing presidential campaign, McCain made his selection six days after his Democratic rival Barack Obama, named Sen. Joseph Biden of delaware, as his running mate.

Full Story Here...
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

I'd do her!
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

deleon275 wrote:I'd do her!
Yup! :D

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Good pick...What a great country we live in!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Silverback wrote:Good pick...What a great country we live in!
My concern is that she is the only politician in Alaska who is not under indictment for something.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RTO wrote:
deleon275 wrote:I'd do her!
Yup! :D

VPILF
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

[quote] Ms. Palin then took the stage with her husband, Todd, who owns a commercial fishing business, and four of their five children. She said her eldest child, a son, is in the Army, and he is heading to Iraq on Sept. 11.

She described herself as “just your average hockey mom,â€
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ballsy pick! At least now I have a reason to vote GOP. Like most of you...Id do her. Thats good enough reason, right?8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

RRDTm3 wrote:
VPILF
:lol:

I see a T-shirt opportunity.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

She's to young for me. If her mother looks like her, I'd do her mom. :lol:
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

http://www.vpilf.com/ no time wasted
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

she's easy on the eyes, that's for sure.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Details of Palin's personal life have contributed to her political image. She hunts, eats moose hamburger, ice fishes, rides snowmobiles, and owns a float plane. Palin holds a lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association. She admits that she used marijuana at a time when the state had legalized possession of small amounts (though possession was still illegal under federal law). She says that she did not like it and does not smoke it now. In December 2007, Palin posed for a photo spread in the fashion magazine Vogue.
HERE

And I agree...ballsy move by McCain.[/b]
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD

Return to “The News Dump”