introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Icarius
Embryo

introduction

Post by Icarius »

Rangers,

My name is B****. I am less than two weeks away from my freshman year at Northeastern University. I am on track for a four year Army ROTC scholarship. Currently, I am administratively and medically a go for my scholarship. In order for my scholarship to start, I must pass the APFT upon arrival.

My goal upon completion of college is to branch infantry. I will try my best to perform well. I would like to one day work my way to the Rangers, then possibly on to Special Forces.

Height: 5’10â€
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Welcome to the ArmyRanger.com. You need to work on your sit ups. Ranger Scuba Wino has a vast wealth of experience in overseas matters. PM him with any questions you may have. Make sure you put "Depeche Mode" in the subject line or you will be ignored. Good luck and never quit.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

B***, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You have got a good introduction, but you are in need of remedial PT. Frankly, you need to achieve a much higher score if you intend to become an Infantry platoon leader. On one hand, you are absolutly correct about the Army's need for soldiers with linguistics skills; but you are going to have to balance this with being in superb physical readiness. Take a look at the thread on physical fittness to assist you. Finally, don't fly too close to the sun. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. Good luck with your schooling and your ROTC career.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Icarius
Embryo

Post by Icarius »

Ranger abn-rgr,
Thank you for that opportunity.

Ranger Jim,
Thank you for your reply. I will strive for improvement in my PT scores.
I promise the college experience will not kill my dream. I will never quit.

Ranger Ron,
Thank you.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

welcome. you've set high goals for yourself but they are achievable. just take it one step at a time.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Any questions on spelling and grammer (particularly important for future O's) please direct your PM's to Ranger rgrpuck. Include 'Poser' in the subject line for a prompt response.

Oh and welcome.
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Ranger Andy
Ranger

introduction

Post by Ranger Andy »

Don't get involved with the freshman party scene. You'll wake one day a senior scratching your ass wondering what the fuck happened because the world, and the chance to be a Ranger, passed you by! Take two grains of salt and drive on...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Icarius
Embryo

E or O

Post by Icarius »

Rangers,

I am approximately two-thirds of the way into my first fall semester at Northeastern University. I have been contracted since the 8th of September. I have enjoyed my time at school and I am doing well academically and in ROTC. However, I am unsatisfied with my present course. I keep getting the feeling that at this time college is not for me. I can gain a college education at any age. I believe at this time enlisted service would do me the most good. I want to one day be the best infantry PL and I believe time in Regiment would be more beneficial than business calc. Business calculus will still be there for me in a few years. The opportunity to prove myself and develop as a Ranger may not.

I have gained some guidance from the many posts on this subject. If you Rangers would like to add anything, please do. In the end, the decision is mine. However, I know significantly less than you Rangers and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. If I do enlist I will accept nothing other than an 11b option 40. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
-B
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in serving our country and in Army Rangers. Think carefully about your decisions. You have only been at college for a couple of months and no matter if you enlist or seek a commission, a degree, though not cecessary, will be a valuable asset to you in the aervice. But whatever you decide, do not jump from one thing to another, you need to be committed to a course of action. Read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Andy
Ranger

introduction

Post by Ranger Andy »

If you're not ready for college, bail out before you flunk out. If you have the Ranger bug, do it now while you're young; otherwise it's gonna be one of those nasty thoughts that will dog you for the rest of your life, ie. "I wish I had done that when I had the chance."

College will always be there! The Ranger experience is a once in life time opportunity...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

I would suspect there are many about this page who started college after high school and realized what a sad state of affairs the youth in the country is in. (Or in my case, realized that college was something that I had to actually attend a class to learn anything)Most popped smoke and went after the itch. Many of those returned to college later, finshed and moved on with life. If you qualified for an ROTC ride, you could join, get your credentials, then try the OCS track. At least you would know in the in and out of the military. Yea, its your call but....the itch is there. Scratch it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: introduction

Post by Silverback »

Icarius wrote:I will be a cadet at Northeastern for a total of 5 years. This is because my major, International Business and East Asia Studies, will require me to live in China for a year. The purpose of this stay abroad is to increase language proficiency and cultural awareness. I have chosen this major because it is my understanding that the Rangers, as well as Special Forces, are attracted to personnel who are proficient in a foreign language.
ROTC offers quite a few incentives for your particular path. Do you plan to take advantage of the Critical Language Incentive Pay (CLIP) and there is also some money available for your "Study abroad". Drop me a PM if you need any help.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Gordo173 wrote:Any questions on spelling and grammer (particularly important for future O's) please direct your PM's to Ranger rgrpuck. Include 'Poser' in the subject line for a prompt response.

Oh and welcome.
You sir .....are a cock. :!:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Introduction Archive”