Security Clearance Process?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
lawless
Embryo

Security Clearance Process?

Post by lawless »

Hello Rangers,

First an update. I went to MEPS yesterday and passed with all 1s. I was able to secure an 11x contract with option 40. I am set to ship to basic on September 22nd. Now the fun starts....
It is my understanding that I will have to get a SECRET clearance somehwere along the way of training. A couple of questions. Some of my friends have asked me when and how they will be contacted as references? Will they be called, or will people show up at their house? Also they were wondering when they complete this process? Does the investigator wait until I am in RIP, or do they start now? I have done research online and this website and cannot find anything really on SECRET clearace but a ton of stuff on TOP SECRET (which to my understanding is completely different). I also wanted to give a couple of my previous employers a heads up if they are going to be contacted so they aren't like, "who the fuck is that?" :shock: (Smaller businesses). Any advice is much appreciated. Sorry if this is a redundant question but I couldn't really find anything on this topic in specific.

Thanks again for being a great source.
lawless
Embryo

Employers?

Post by lawless »

Ranger Tenn-RGR,

How about the previous employers? I am serious when I say the pizza place I worked for will deny I exist unless I show up say hi and I am fresh in thier minds. :roll: Do they even contact employers?

Mike
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Employers?

Post by BadMuther »

lawless wrote:Ranger Tenn-RGR,

How about the previous employers? I am serious when I say the pizza place I worked for will deny I exist unless I show up say hi and I am fresh in thier minds. :roll: Do they even contact employers?

Mike
They understand that with employee turnover, etc.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

One of my soldiers was contacted by phone and met an individual from the agency that conducts these investigations. I've been in eight years now and this was the first instance I have ever heard of someone actually meeting these people face to face. 99.9% chance nobody on your SF86 will be contacted.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co

Return to “Recruitment Process”