http://www.stripes.com/04/jun04/uniform.html

GOODBYE STARCH
HELLO NON-SHINING BOOTS!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Fuck me....every piece of gear I ever used is now obsolete; even the shit we had that was 'high-speed' at the time is now standard issue. I'm too young to feel this old. :roll:
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I still don't like it. What in the Hell is the Spc4 Mafia gonna do with this lump of shit?

No stray threads to gig
No smoke due to a shitty barracks starch job.
No more smoke for a cherry having shitty dull boots.
No fucking with brand new cherries for wearing pin on rank
These non-polished boots probly ain't gonna leave black marks on freshly buffed hallways. Hence, even less smoke.
No more dropping a cherry, making him elevate his feet (in Duty uniform), then after he recovers, smoking his ass again because he scuffed his boots.

On, and on. What in the fuck are we letting these pencil necked geeks do to us?

AND SINCE WHEN WAS GLINT TAPE DECLASSIFIED!!????

Just give me a nicely broken in set of 100% cotton summer weight ripstops, and a good 'ol pair of J-boots anyday. Quiet, comfortable, and certainly Spc4 Mafia friendly.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Creeping Death wrote:AND SINCE WHEN WAS GLINT TAPE DECLASSIFIED!!????
:lol: :lol: They called it 'Friend or Foe Identification somethin' or nother'.

WTF, over?! :roll: :lol:
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Quote from one of the links:

["Glint Tape": Sewn-in on left sleeve shows up under night vision and helps identify a U.S. soldiers. Underneath is a tab that can be Velcro'd over the small square to cover it when tactics require.]

What the mutherfuckin' fuck!?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Creeping Death wrote:What the mutherfuckin' fuck!?
Dude....when the fuck did WE become FOG's?! :shock: :lol:
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Tell me about it. I remember when I was the only sumbitch in Tn with one of those London Bridge 3-day assault packs. Now, every corner military store has 'em.

I'm feelin' old boys. Mighty damn old.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You should see it...On any given Sunday afternoon, you can see EVERY Basic trainee walking around with one. I must have seen 70 of the little MF'rs walking around Ranger Joe's with every model imaginable....all in their 'Pickle Suits'... :lol: :lol:
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Edit: Figured out the answer to my own question.
Last edited by Snake Juice on June 15th, 2004, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Saltbitch wrote:You should see it...On any given Sunday afternoon, you can see EVERY Basic trainee walking around with one. I must have seen 70 of the little MF'rs walking around Ranger Joe's with every model imaginable....all in their 'Pickle Suits'... :lol: :lol:
Wearing a camel back with the chest strap buckled...bacause they live there life so fast it might just rip off of em. :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

WOW thats some starship trooper lookin shit right there :D
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

H8train1/75 wrote:Wearing a camel back with the chest strap buckled...bacause they live there life so fast it might just rip off of em. :lol:
ROTFLMAO!! :lol: :lol:

So, you've OBVIOUSLY spotted that guy?! :lol:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Saltbitch wrote:
H8train1/75 wrote:Wearing a camel back with the chest strap buckled...bacause they live there life so fast it might just rip off of em. :lol:

Those types always where there combat boots tucked in their jeans a rigger belt with a leatherman and a minimag flashlight in case they are kidnapped and thrown in a dungeon. They an use their light to see and the leatherman to pick the lock and kill their kidnapper with that highspeed hand to hand knife fighting that they learned. :roll:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

H8train1/75 wrote:
Saltbitch wrote:

Those types always where there combat boots tucked in their jeans a rigger belt with a leatherman and a minimag flashlight in case they are kidnapped and thrown in a dungeon. They an use their light to see and the leatherman to pick the lock and kill their kidnapper with that highspeed hand to hand knife fighting that they learned. :roll:
Ohhhh shit!!!

That's funny!!!

I remember when being "high-speed" was being able to wear hi-tecs and nomex gloves......and a bandanna or boonie hat at LRS...... :roll:
1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

H8 Train wrote:
Saltbitch wrote:

John,
Didn't you just describe the "Cleav-ster" minus the rigger belt (and slightly modified by UDTs on the really hot days)?

Return to “Personal Gear”