Army Unveils New Combat Uniform

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I can't believe anyone is ever going to have to wear this. I'm speechless.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

That is one fugly outfit. The USMC MARPAT's look a whole lot better than that.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Tessa wrote:It looks like a sweat suit for fat people. :lol: I don't like fat people.

Tessa
Hey BM/Lawdawg don't you fat fucks got a set of those. :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Damn LD you need chicks to stand up for you now. Now BM's better half is going to get on here and chew my ass for calling him...well you know.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Iasca
Embryo

Post by Iasca »

Steadfast wrote: I shudder to think that today's army may be using velcro straps. I would be scared shitless to hear the noise of velcro being opened when I am trying to be as quiet as possible. :shock:
http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2223

Considering this, how does the Army's extensive use of Velcro on this new uniform benefit todays soldier? I understand the convenience of being able to extend the lifespan of tapes and patches by removing for laundering and such. I am just wondering if there is something I am missing that balances the risk/reward ratio for this feature.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I like the urban combat BDU that has little buildings on it.

Go back to jungles. Starch and spits, fluff and buffs.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

I realize it's probably not financially feasible to have a different uniform for all different terrain/season/climate types for each soldier, however... this predator camo is pretty sweet:

http://www.predatorcamo.com/patterns.html
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by McD »

I think the new uniform is quite dashing! You would make many a friend down at the Blue Oyster Club :wink: NOT! It sucks looks like the old E. German Camo just a different color!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Terry Welshan wrote:H8train will have to incorporate some old DEVO songs into cadence, "are we not men, we are DEVO". The coolest Ranger uniform was way back when the RA wore OD polyester tuck in stuff and Rangers wore slant pocket Jungle Cammies. A Red and White scroll on the shoulder set it off nicely.
Last count, only 2 of us remember those days. I asked Ranger Bell, they had transitioned to OD patched by then. The Originals? 2 of us left.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Abell9 wrote:
Terry Welshan wrote:H8train will have to incorporate some old DEVO songs into cadence, "are we not men, we are DEVO". The coolest Ranger uniform was way back when the RA wore OD polyester tuck in stuff and Rangers wore slant pocket Jungle Cammies. A Red and White scroll on the shoulder set it off nicely.
Last count, only 2 of us remember those days. I asked Ranger Bell, they had transitioned to OD patched by then. The Originals? 2 of us left.
I was there for the slant pocket Cammies but no Red and White on the cammies. Only dress uniforms (except Khaki's only a Tab on them). You could see a Ranger a mile away in those days. Black Beret, Camouflage BDU's.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Actually Terry Welshan, The Ranger Scroll back then was black with white lettering and a red thread border. The BDU's were made out of a cotton material made for tropical climates. They were definitely much cooler that stateside greens and dried very fast when rain had ended and the sun was heating things up again. The Korean "Tiger Stripe" fatigues were also lighter than stateside material. The jungle cammies came in cammoflague green and plain green.

One important item I would like to say here and that is that whenever we went on missions we wore no rank, no patches on our fatigues. So I had two sets of clothing, those I wore in the bush and those I wore in the rear.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Personal Gear”