Tobacco question

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Tobacco question

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

I would imagine this has been covered but I did a search and couldn't find an answer so I'll post up here.
I am trying to enlist and was wondering about tobacco use. I dip snuff and was just wondering if it is allowed in basic, RIP..etc. Theoretically how long will I go without a dip from the beginning of basic until I become a Ranger?
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Not to sound like your mother, however, you should use that time to quit.

This of course is coming from someone who dipped until last August.(23 years worth) :oops:

BTW, the patch and lozenges DONT work. Just ask my wife and kids!!! :roll:
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

You read my mind. I am going to try and quit during that time but add nicotine fits on top of everything else that's going on and it's gonna suck,lol. I appreciate the words of wisdom Veteran Angrypistols

by the way have you ever tried "bacoff" I've heard it is a herbal snuff that will help you quit dipping.....never found it in any local stores though.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

I am not a BTDT and CANNOT speak about RIP and Ranger School, but, Basic and AIT are not stressful and they keep you busy(so as to get your mind off of the evil weed) :twisted: The first weeks were the worst.

No, I hadn't heard of the other stuff. I don't need it(most days anyway).
Angry

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

AngryPistols wrote:Not to sound like your mother, however, you should use that time to quit.

This of course is coming from someone who dipped until last August.(23 years worth) :oops:

BTW, the patch and lozenges DONT work. Just ask my wife and kids!!! :roll:
congrats on quitting Angry :)
I quit smoking, myself, so can sympathise with ANYONE trying to quit. I hear its harder to quit dipping too
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

monica12801 wrote:congrats on quitting Angry :)
I quit smoking, myself, so can sympathise with ANYONE trying to quit. I hear its harder to quit dipping too
Thanks Monica, you are too kind.
Angry

Moni D

Post by Moni D »

AngryPistols wrote:
monica12801 wrote:congrats on quitting Angry :)
Thanks Monica, you are too kind.
:D :D thanks :D
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

From the time you start basic until you graduate you cannot use tobacco. A little in Airborne only when you are off. None in RIP. Because yoiu retards become heat casualties and don't drink enough water. I love putting in a nice chew in right in front of you fuckers and watch you drool. :twisted: I dip Copenhagen snuff too. :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Ranger H8train1/75 thanks for the headsup. I can definitely see where it'd be a dehydration risk........you can keep the Cope, at $2 a can I've learned to love Timberwolf 8)
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I never smoked or chewed (probably one of the few Rangers ever) but you can't tell me that in combat that it wouldn't be a security problem. One the chew spit would leave a trail and I would bet you can smell it from far away. Now it may not be as bad as a security risk as smoking but I remember in Ranger school being able to smell shit along way away. Like when someone opened peanut butter in the patrol base. You could smell it 100 yds away.

Until I smelled that peanut butter I had only read about how in Viet Nam the Rangers could smell the Viet Cong and they could smell the Rangers. So I would think the Cope and Skoal would be a problem too. Let alone the dehydration problems and cancer issues.

Ranger2
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Copenhagen is the "Tactical Tobacco". :wink:

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

That is fucked up Hate....do ya ever let the little RIPPIES have taste here and there??

I am like a momma bird they come up open their mouth and I spit in it. :twisted: There is your little taste RIP! MMWAAHHAHAHHAHAH!

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

H8train1/75 wrote:That is fucked up Hate....do ya ever let the little RIPPIES have taste here and there??

I am like a momma bird they come up open their mouth and I spit in it. :twisted: There is your little taste RIP! MMWAAHHAHAHHAHAH!
I guess that answers your "QUESTION" , I've said it before and I'll say it again. All these questions about can I do this (sounding like Michael Jackson, snivel snivel sniff sniff) can I do that? (sniff sniff, snivel).

THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS IS............

YOU'LL FIND OUT IF YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE, AND ALL YOUR QUEER ASS QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED WHEN YOUR RAGGITY ASS GETS THERE! :twisted: , oh and did I mention......

There will be those who will be there "Waiting for your Arrival" because they really have a strong desire to think up all kinds of ways to answer all of those "IMPORTANT" questions you have :twisted: though you may not like all of the answers you get, LOL......... have a nice day :wink:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

I apologize Ranger DavidBeagle. I will worry about what is allowed at Ranger School when I get there.
Ted Nugent

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”