Suunto T3C Heart Rate Monitor

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Scott, this is a good piece of kit, I have used it on many climbs in Utah and on trail runs up to 9000ft, I never had a problem. While on the bike I have a wireless cyclometer and had no issues with interference like I did with my Timex system.

I use the Garmin 305 with HR now but I think the SUUNTO will suit your purpose better, plus they have the coolest marketing motto

"Replacing Luck"

Enjoy
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I just save money on that type of stuff by not doing cardio. :P
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I use the Garmin Forerunner 301. It's a solid piece of kit, but it definitely cannot be worn as a watch or during normal business type days. It is a PT only machine.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Silverback wrote:I use the Garmin Forerunner 301. It's a solid piece of kit, but it definitely cannot be worn as a watch or during normal business type days. It is a PT only machine.
I like that one also but I need something that doesnt have a compass, barometer or altimeter on it but it can tell time. I was also looking around for a new HRM so I decided to combine the two and I cam across this.
Thanks for the input fellas. Tater, how far is your mailbox from the house? :lol:
Ahhh, I understand now...(Sometimes I am not good at reading between the lines). You are going to need a HRM but will not be allowed to have GPS?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I like the Suunto gear that I own, but I would not risk damaging it by running while wearing it....................
Send it to me and I'll "Sweat it" for you.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Silverback wrote:I use the Garmin Forerunner 301. It's a solid piece of kit, but it definitely cannot be worn as a watch or during normal business type days. It is a PT only machine.
x2. Good piece. I use it to run and bike. Definately not for casual wear. Or any wear longer than six hours.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I had a Suunto for years and loved it. I made the mistake of taking to the local jewelry store to have the batteries changed. They didn't replace the o-rings after they broke the seal. The very next time I got it wet, it fried. My only bitch was the size. It was fucking huge.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

EarthPig wrote:I had a Suunto for years and loved it. I made the mistake of taking to the local jewelry store to have the batteries changed. They didn't replace the o-rings after they broke the seal. The very next time I got it wet, it fried. My only bitch was the size. It was fucking huge.

RLTW
EP
You sure you are not talking about a "Sun-dial" ? They were made from very heavy stones.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Silverback wrote:
EarthPig wrote:I had a Suunto for years and loved it. I made the mistake of taking to the local jewelry store to have the batteries changed. They didn't replace the o-rings after they broke the seal. The very next time I got it wet, it fried. My only bitch was the size. It was fucking huge.

RLTW
EP
You sure you are not talking about a "Sun-dial" ? They were made from very heavy stones.
:lol: Yeah..that's it.

RLTW
EP
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

TR,

You might check out this site when you get ready to buy. I saved about $200 on my Citizens diver. I don't know if they stock the specific Suunto you're looking at or not. They were extremely fast.:

Link: http://www.ewatches.com/Suunto/index.html

RLTW
EP
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I currently use an older model of this thing:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ ... age=family

It has a clock, 2 counters, 1 timer, a backlight, and gives your hr when you press the center button. It has no chest strap, and doesn't allow you to upload data to a pc, or anything like that. It's cheap, compared to others, but works.

I'd like to get the Garmin Forerunner 301, but I already have a Foretrex.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

EarthPig wrote:TR,

You might check out this site when you get ready to buy. I saved about $200 on my Citizens diver. I don't know if they stock the specific Suunto you're looking at or not. They were extremely fast.:

Link: http://www.ewatches.com/Suunto/index.html

RLTW
EP
Check Amazon also. I bought a few Citizens at great prices.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “Personal Gear”