Dealing with sleep deprivation

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
RangerDC

Class Dismissed!

Post by RangerDC »

I tell you what, your last post not only proves that you are arrogant but that you are also as dumb as I thought you were.

I know very little about you but to be honest I know all I need to. Being a Ranger is more than knowing information, being able to recite the Ranger Creed, or talk the talk. In fact being a Ranger is more than being able to smoke everyone you know in PT, marksmanship, roadmarching, patrolling, etc. There is a presence of being that embodies the words of the Ranger Creed, the definition of what it is to be a Ranger. With that comes a humbleness to learn from those who know, to stand corrected in any situation because you just might learn something that will make a difference in whether or not you kill someone or get someone killed. Your comment about Chew and Dip is about principle only. There was a time when I didn't know the difference, probably when I was your age. The difference is the attitude you took and the one you should have taken. If you had the slightest amount of common sense, you would have asked yourself "why is this Ranger getting Dip and Chew confused, why doesn't he know what he is talking about?" Then your next thought should have been, wait, maybe I AM THE ONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE, not the RANGER! You could have gotten your same point across and learned something by showing a little respect and presenting a question. i.e. "Can someone tell me the difference between Dip and Chew, I thought they were the same?" But you didn't, and that is why you Dumba$$ that you probably aint gonna make it. Unless, you learn, lose the attitude and assume from here on out that you don't know sh**.

This is the reason why I don't answer specific questions about SF. I have never been in SF. I know a lot of people who were and are, but that is something I haven't done yet, so I leave the comments to those who have done it. When I have a question about an SF topic I present it in the same professional manner I have demonstrated. Do I have what it takes to cut it in SF, I think I do, but that doesn't qualify me to comment especially to contradict an SF BTDT, even if I don't understand or disagree.

You will know, when the time comes, that you do actually know something and can comment or instruct others with confidence. You will actually have done what you are talking about, been successful or at least learned from your mistakes, and people will come to you for information or your superior officers will simply expect you to perform.

I could really careless whether you make it or not, actually I prefer you just join the NY State Guard and stay far from those who have some common sense, but that is up to you. Whether you have learned anything is also up to you.

So, as far as I am concerned class is dismissed and so are YOU!

Out here.
RangerDC

Apology accepted

Post by RangerDC »

Strider,

Apology accepted, hopefully you learned a lesson that will save you some head aches along with muscle fatigue in the future.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

I'm Rollin :lol:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So Strider - Are you a DEPper yet or are you a purely a wannabee?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Wait-a-minute vine necklace works too. Kinda like the knife trick. Everytime yer head drops ya stick the shit out of yerself.

If yer in the ORP and the guys are nodding off, wrap a loop of claymore wire around their leg and yank it every minute or so. If ya don't get a response get that APL out there and find snoozy.

I got Major pluses for those two ideas in Ranger School.

Had other ideas but the RI's wouldn't let me do it. Something about beating the shit out of one turd I caught napping. I got there two steps in front of the RI. If he'd gotten there first, I'd have failed the patrol. My conversation with the sleeper kept the others awake. hahahahah.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Congrats on getting your contract, but that still does not make you a Ranger. You've got a long way to go.

Also, thanks for the warning that we'll be tolerating you for the next year. Try and do us a favor and make our jobs here easy to do. And for a year's worth of advice, I think you'll need to be doing some site bitch-work too, just to start paying some dues early on in the process.

Oh, before I forget, knock out some pushups - NOW!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yeah, give him a jingle, I'm sure he'll think of something.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

LMFAO!
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Don't ya love the attention to detail part of this thread? hahahahha

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So Strider - did the Admin give you a tasking, or not? Or did you decide to not step up?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”