Dealing with sleep deprivation

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

That shit's funny... :lol:
RangerKelly
Ranger

Post by RangerKelly »

Getting back to the sleep deprivation question, there is no effective way to train for it that I know of. Staying up for several days straight won’t do it, because you are not literally starving, humping a ruck up and down hills and under tremendous stress.

The trick is that normally only a few of your squad are fucked in the head at the same time. Someone is usually at their worse after coming out of a graded position. The adrenaline wears out and many times that is when you become useless. So… you act as a team and fight it as a team. Understand that anyone fresh off a leadership role needs to get more rest if you can give it to them. If not, do not put them in a position where they can fall asleep.

Police up your fellow students. I am not saying that you should let a shitbag make it through – peer the motherfucker (he will learn or leave). You should watch out for the guy that is walking into trees and can’t remember his own name. Grab him and drag him along. Put someone who is wide-awake in charge of the man falling asleep. The next day, after you finish leading an impossible mission in impossible time and accomplishing the task, you will be the one being dragged around after bumping into trees.
RS class 4/93 (I was there so long my unit thought it had just dreamed me up).
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

Weidert wrote:chew and dip is the same thing
No it's not dumbass....................beat your face!!
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”