SF vs. Ranger 1st enlistment

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
racer88
Embryo

SF vs. Ranger 1st enlistment

Post by racer88 »

My long term goal is to get into the special forces, eventually as an officer. and I planned on going through as a Ranger first if possible and then reenlisting in special forces after 4 years, but as I read on, my main concern being my eligibility for a secret security clearance for Rangers seems to be the same level of clearance needed for SF, so if this is the case, clearance wise do I have the same chance in both MOS? Should I be spending my time and effort trying to go straight into SF rather than trying to work my way up? also my recruiters tell me that pretty much after a year in the army superior officers look at your time in the army and clearances and what not are more heavily determined based on your reputation in the army and prior offenses and incidents are of little concern after a certain point... how accurate is that?
Last edited by racer88 on May 4th, 2008, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You are really starting to piss me off.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, you shouldnt let people piss you off so easily its not healthy... what am I doing that upsets you? Im not being repetative and my concerns apply to this thread... but if you have a problem with something I say or do, try PMing me or including more information than "your really pissing me off" and maybe ill change my post. and if this pisses you off then simply dont reply cause then I just cant help you.
Last edited by racer88 on May 4th, 2008, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Oh Shit
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

rgrking wrote:Oh Shit
Yup. X2
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

racer88 wrote:you shouldnt let people piss you off so easily its not healthy... what am I doing that upsets you? Im not being repetative and my concerns apply to this thread... but if you have a problem with something I say or do, try PMing me or including more information than "your really pissing me off" and maybe ill change my post. and if this pisses you off then simply dont reply cause then I just cant help you.
You've taken a wrong turn somewhere. Fuck you and your shitty little teen-age attitude.

Go play with the girls. Ask them for some fucking advice while you're at it.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, thank you for proving my point. look I am not here to exchange harsh words and argue with people I have never met or seen before, and I think thats really immature but I understand that you will always run into that kind of stuff reguardless of the forum you post on. I am here because I am committing myself to one thing for the next four years of my life which will eventually effect the next ten years of my life and whatever else I do after the military. I need to find out what it is going to take to get an oppertunity to prove myself and become a Ranger and I thought a forum on ARMYRANGER.com would provide that information. again I am looking for someone who CAN help me, if you cant or wont... why waste your time? With that said anyone reading this thread please pay no attention to this little scuffle as I really would like to speak with someone. Thank you Rangers.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

racer88 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, thank you for proving my point. look I am not here to exchange harsh words and argue with people I have never met or seen before, and I think thats really immature but I understand that you will always run into that kind of stuff reguardless of the forum you post on. I am here because I am committing myself to one thing for the next four years of my life which will eventually effect the next ten years of my life and whatever else I do after the military. I need to find out what it is going to take to get an oppertunity to prove myself and become a Ranger and I thought a forum on ARMYRANGER.com would provide that information. again I am looking for someone who CAN help me, if you cant or wont... why waste your time? With that said anyone reading this thread please pay no attention to this little scuffle as I really would like to speak with someone. Thank you Rangers.
Here's your answer: Go Ranger first, when you fail RIP you'll gotto the 1st Armored Division or what not. You'll be bitter and you'll try to prove a point. So then you'll go to SFAS, miracle your way through it and end up at the Q Course. You'll bolo out of Phase 2 either because you can't patrol, everyone thinks you're a dipshit or you'll quit becasue you think your poor performance is "hurting the team". Then you'll be back at 1st AD, telling everyone how you got fucked and you'll ETS. Then you'll start putting crappy stickers on your car, one of else will find out you're a poser, you'll get busted and end up back at the website in our Poser Hunt Room.

Does that answer your question? If not, use the goddamn search button and don't write any more smart ass posts if you want help.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

racer88 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, thank you for proving my point. look I am not here to exchange harsh words and argue with people I have never met or seen before, and I think thats really immature but I understand that you will always run into that kind of stuff reguardless of the forum you post on. I am here because I am committing myself to one thing for the next four years of my life which will eventually effect the next ten years of my life and whatever else I do after the military. I need to find out what it is going to take to get an oppertunity to prove myself and become a Ranger and I thought a forum on ARMYRANGER.com would provide that information. again I am looking for someone who CAN help me, if you cant or wont... why waste your time? With that said anyone reading this thread please pay no attention to this little scuffle as I really I would like to speak with someone. Thank you Rangers.
I told you to STFU. Why are you still posting? Okay, you got 48 hours of posting priveleges revoked. This will give you time to search this site for your answers.

this is a quote excerpt from your above post
I thought a forum on ARMYRANGER.com would provide that information. again I am looking for someone who CAN help me,
The one who can help you is YOU. You'll have time (free from not posting) to search this site. You haven't taken the time to search even one iota on here. We have just a few thousand posts less than half a million topics. You can't tell me you read them all in 10 minutes. Get busy, search, read, search, read and search & read some more.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

racer88 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, thank you for proving my point. look I am not here to exchange harsh words and argue with people I have never met or seen before, and I think thats really immature but I understand that you will always run into that kind of stuff reguardless of the forum you post on. I am here because I am committing myself to one thing for the next four years of my life which will eventually effect the next ten years of my life and whatever else I do after the military. I need to find out what it is going to take to get an oppertunity to prove myself and become a Ranger and I thought a forum on ARMYRANGER.com would provide that information. again I am looking for someone who CAN help me, if you cant or wont... why waste your time? With that said anyone reading this thread please pay no attention to this little scuffle as I really would like to speak with someone. Thank you Rangers.
Austen,

DO NOT post again, unless directed by a Ranger or veteran, until you have read my inbound PM.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

This was a very stupid post.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

The Holmchicken wrote:
Here's your answer: Go Ranger first, when you fail RIP you'll gotto the 1st Armored Division or what not. You'll be bitter and you'll try to prove a point. So then you'll go to SFAS, miracle your way through it and end up at the Q Course. You'll bolo out of Phase 2 either because you can't patrol, everyone thinks you're a dipshit or you'll quit becasue you think your poor performance is "hurting the team". Then you'll be back at 1st AD, telling everyone how you got fucked and you'll ETS. Then you'll start putting crappy stickers on your car, one of else will find out you're a poser, you'll get busted and end up back at the website in our Poser Hunt Room.

Does that answer your question? If not, use the goddamn search button and don't write any more smart ass posts if you want help.
Thought I'd get girlyman soft and share - that made my day :lol:
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: SF vs. Ranger 1st enlistment

Post by Charlie 51 »

racer88 wrote:My long term goal is to get into the special forces, eventually as an officer. and I planned on going through as a Ranger first if possible and then reenlisting in special forces after 4 years, but as I read on, my main concern being my eligibility for a secret security clearance for Rangers seems to be the same level of clearance needed for SF, so if this is the case, clearance wise do I have the same chance in both MOS? Should I be spending my time and effort trying to go straight into SF rather than trying to work my way up? also my recruiters tell me that pretty much after a year in the army superior officers look at your time in the army and clearances and what not are more heavily determined based on your reputation in the army and prior offenses and incidents are of little concern after a certain point... how accurate is that?
Let me attempt to enlighten you on why these questions you have were met with such a caustic response. What you have stated in the post above roughly equates to you walking in an NFL locker room and saying to a bunch of NFL vetrans- "I am going to be an NFL player with you guys, so since its so easy to get here and is a foregone conclusion that I will get here, which team should I get on, the Patriots or the Giants?"

What response do you think you would get? First they would think you are a cocky, crazy little shit. They would laugh at you and say you have no chance of ever being an NFL player. They would be pissed at you simply because without saying it you have insinuated that you would have no problem getting there. You're the equivalent of a grade schooler wondering where you should get your PhD, Harvard or Yale, without understanding the challenges and perserverance it takes to accomplish these tasks.

The road to SF and Regiment is paved with tears and sorrow, blood and regret. Very few men on this planet have what it takes to get there and even fewer have what it takes to stay. This forum is filled with men that have not only gotten there and stayed but have excelled and re-written the way Rangers and Green Berets operate. You need to understand this fact and respect it. You have already shown great disrespect to members of this board. I realize you think you are in the right by talking back but you are not on a "normal" forum. This is not a democracy and you do not count for shit here until you have proven yourself to us and then you still won't really mean shit to us until you hold the title of "Ranger". Then and only then will you have the right on this board to share an equal seat at the table. As of now you are not our equal.

If you don't care about what we think or how we operate then you can kindly fuck off. So get yourself sorted out, swallow your pride, use the search function and remember where you are when you post on this site.

You have caught me on a good day, don't dissapoint me by not heeding what you have been told.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Here's your assignment if you want to stay on this site:

"Why being a Ranger is so fucking easy". 75 words. 12 hours to post the essay.

Clock is ticking.

You better convince me that what I did was a walk in the park.

Return to “Special Operations Training”