Advice regarding serving with a family

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Advice regarding serving with a family

Post by Krystyna »

There is a topic already started regarding "doing again". I was wondering for those who have families now or did while they served... Would you do it again?

My husband is heading down the path to become a Ranger and it is me, our 2 year old son and him.... Just would like to hear your opinion and experience with dealing with this...

Thank you,
Kristina
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

put a smile on your face and say I love you everyday.
Nagging has no place in a Ranger's life.................................EVER
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Consider your 100% support of him and his mission your contribution to the war effort.

The world will be a safer place because he is a Ranger and that is a calling greater than the 3 of you. You will meet many women in the same boat as you and they will give you more support than anyone else on earth can.

Be proud of your husband, support him, raise your son and rest assured that your sacrifices as a family are worth it.

I thank you for your service and sacrifice
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
ranger36203
Embryo

Support

Post by ranger36203 »

M'am I am married now and gained quite a bit of weight and may not be the perfect person to respond, because when I was in I had no one else but me no kids no wife just my Ranger Brothers. He will have a lot of stress in school completing tasks and trying not to get a bad peer evaluation along the way. He will need you to be very supportive and know you are in his corner. He wont have time to wonder if you and the kids are okay you have to let him know that you have the fort handled. The time that his mind is not on school he will either get hurt or sent back and trust me, if he has any intestinal fortitude at all you will not want to be around him if he is sent home. Support, Support, Support will get you through and Communication.
Whats up snake eaters class 8-95
RetPara
Ranger

Post by RetPara »

Serving in the Ranger Regiment is a LIFESTYLE. Whatever unit in the Regiment he is assigned there will be a family support group. Get involved with them. They can make a difference and help smooth some of the rough spots. This lifestyle is very different from the rest of teh Army.
RS2 84-86

Intelligence in a person can be measured.... Stupidity is a bottomless pit which is beyond measure....

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”