Some new body weight exercises....

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Some new body weight exercises....

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I have heard of these exercises before, but have only done the neck bridge in high school wrestling. If someone tries these let me know how they work for you.

http://www.testosterone.net/articles/153combat2.html
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Ray80
Infantryman

Post by Ray80 »

Ranger Flesh Thorn,

Well, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but other than running, situps, regular pushups and Leatherneck's mini boot camp, Furey's Combat Conditioning IS my workout. However, after buying Furey's book and videos, I found myself down about $135.00 . The back bridge was the most difficult exercise for me to learn. The Hindu Squats and Hindu Pushups are also good, but you may need to do 500-1500 reps for a good workout on each exercise. Not surprisingly, all you need to get started is in that article you just posted. Great find! I was a sucker and bought the material. :oops:

Eager to learn more for free, I got my ass googling and ran into more information.

Best,

Ray
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I have talked to a couple of guys that have done that shit. They said that they live by it now.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Pavel Tsatouline at http://www.dragondoor.com also has some very good stuff. He is a former Soviet Spetnaz trainer who is now an American citizen and doing contract work for several goverment agencies,SWAT and the USMC. I have exchanged some e-mails with him before and he is very helpful. He has some very good techniques to improve pushups, pullups and leg strength. He also has some weight lifting routines that increase strength without adding mass called PTP or Power to the People.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About Army Physical Training”