please help, rangers are my last hope

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Re: please help, rangers are my last hope

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Southoftheborder wrote:
soldier0330 wrote:i really want to be a ranger more then a marine anyday....
If you promise to not try and become a Marine, I'll promise to believe there is a higher deity -- at least for a couple of minutes, anyway....
Hey brother! :D

How the fuck you been?

name change edited by Admin
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Please post a proper introduction here first, then we can help you.

viewforum.php?f=26 <--------

Also remember OPSEC and PERSEC.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Goddamn, that was some horrible spelling and grammar.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Invictus
Ranger

Re: please help, rangers are my last hope

Post by Invictus »

soldier0330 wrote:hey everyone. i'm pfc sokol. i joined the army, not for money, benefits, or anything like that but because my country needs me and i want to serve my country. the only problem is the army really hasent impressed me. im poorly trained, and not ready for combat. im satationed in germany. it was the 1st ID but we change to some other unit i never herd of. my motivation has dropped since ive been here, we dont train for anything. all i do here is clean. so this is my choice. i either go with the marines or i go ranger. i really want to be a ranger more then a marine anyday. however bc im in germany trying to better my self is alot harder then in the states. can you rangers please help me out here. i tryed changing units but no luck. i really dont wana deploy with a crap unit who is poorly lead and trained...is there anything i can do? i have no problem going to iraq and doing my job. i have great pride in serving my country, but did i make the wrong choice when i joined the army?
First go post an intro per site SOP.

Second, you might want to clarify what you're asking for here. To be quite honest all I got outta this post, besides my eyes bleeding from reading it, was that you have no motivation and everyone around you is fucked up.
Based on your failure to familiarize yourself with the rules of this site and how it operates prior to posting, I have a hard time believing that your attention to detail and situational awareness make you a good judge of anything.

I think this site could be beneficial to you, and there are some here that can help, but you need to un-fuck yourself in a hurry young PFC.

I'm also curious how you came to be in such a "shitbag" unit in the first place if you knew you wanted to be a Ranger or a Marine.

name change edited by Admin
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Rangers are not your last hope. You are. You sound like you are feeling sorry for yourself. Get over that and make the best of your current situation, learn to serve with pride, be the best soldier in your unit and earn your way to becoming a Ranger..
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

After closely considering your case I think you need to definately join the Marines.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I'm glad that you think of Rangers as your last hope of getting yourself squared away. If you're as un motivated as you say you are, it's not your unit's fault, it's yours. Regardless of what you might think, the Big Army has plenty of things on it's plate right now. I seriously doubt that one of there main concerns is keeping you motivated. It's your job to keep yourself motivated, and if you can't do that after the short time that you have been in, what makes you think that you can keep yourself motivated during the intense training that it takes to become a Ranger.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
LRS Guy
Ranger

Post by LRS Guy »

OK, I'm going to help you out.

First off, the world (to include the Army) is not fair. If it was I would be 6'2 and be able to run 6:00 miles, be rich and have a bisexual hottie for a wife. But its not. :evil:

2nd. You are feeling sorry for yourself. Stop that!

3rd. Since you are a 13F in the 1st Inf DIV, be the BEST G@#$AMM 13F in the 1st Inf DIV!!!! Because you are going to the Big Game before you ETS.

4th. Be a good soldier & teammate. PT your ass off, Be motovaited, Always be the first to volunteer for whatever (yes, you will stuck on shit details, but your COC will notice and strangly good things always happen to joes that volunteer allot), Always help your buddies (ie after you have cleaned your M16, help the gun teams clean their shit, etc)

5th. Find someone a who is really squared that you work with and emulate them. I try to always hang with people that I believe are better than me. Be it morally, physically, mentally...whatever, it will motivate you and pretty soon you will naturally improve.

6th. Educate yourself as much as possible, ie read some books, get in a Army corspoundance crs, work on a langauge skill (Army provides Rosetta Stone crs for free). If you like to shoot, go to the local range and improve your marksmanship.

7th. Post a copy of Ranger Creed in your wall locker, read it everyday, memorize it. Try to Live by It. Just because you are not in Bn, doesn't mean you can't live by it. Hell I still recite while I'm running or rucking....its damm good way to live your life by!

Hell!!! I wish I was in your shoes, I'd be setting that unit on fire. If you are the most squared away stud, no one will f%^& with you. While you think your unit is messed up, you really don't know shit. You are young and placing yourself in a bad place.

Before I forget watch, The Big Red One with Lee Marvin 27 times....that ought to motivate you.

pills11.com ;))
RS 1-92
1-504 PIR 89-90
3-504 PIR 90-92
H. Co 121 INF (LRSC) 97-00
134th INF (LRSD)01-02
Back to living the LRS Life in the 143rd LRSD!

Confirmed "Cynical, Sarcastic, Bastard"
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

LRS Guy wrote:OK, I'm going to help you out.

First off, the world (to include the Army) is not fair. If it was I would be 6'2 and be able to run 6:00 miles, be rich and have a bisexual hottie for a wife. But its not. :evil:

2nd. You are feeling sorry for yourself. Stop that!

3rd. Since you are a 13F in the 1st Inf DIV, be the BEST G@#$AMM 13F in the 1st Inf DIV!!!! Because you are going to the Big Game before you ETS.

4th. Be a good soldier & teammate. PT your ass off, Be motovaited, Always be the first to volunteer for whatever (yes, you will stuck on shit details, but your COC will notice and strangly good things always happen to joes that volunteer allot), Always help your buddies (ie after you have cleaned your M16, help the gun teams clean their shit, etc)

5th. Find someone a who is really squared that you work with and emulate them. I try to always hang with people that I believe are better than me. Be it morally, physically, mentally...whatever, it will motivate you and pretty soon you will naturally improve.

6th. Educate yourself as much as possible, ie read some books, get in a Army corspoundance crs, work on a langauge skill (Army provides Rosetta Stone crs for free). If you like to shoot, go to the local range and improve your marksmanship.

7th. Post a copy of Ranger Creed in your wall locker, read it everyday, memorize it. Try to Live by It. Just because you are not in Bn, doesn't mean you can't live by it. Hell I still recite while I'm running or rucking....its damm good way to live your life by!

Hell!!! I wish I was in your shoes, I'd be setting that unit on fire. If you are the most squared away stud, no one will f%^& with you. While you think your unit is messed up, you really don't know shit. You are young and placing yourself in a bad place.

Before I forget watch, The Big Red One with Lee Marvin 27 times....that ought to motivate you.

pills11.com ;))
Listen to this man kid he knows of what he speaks.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “About RASP”