Army Times article

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Army Times article

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Did anyone read the article about the women wanting to go to Ranger school along with the rest of the support MOS's. The reasons are that latley talk has been going around that support MOS's should be allowed into Ranger school, because how support people have been put in combat situations and should be taught some combat leadership. Well this one female was saying if support MOS's were allowed into Ranger school the females should be also because they share just as much of the load in those combat situations as the males do. I was just wondering if anyone eles read this, and what some of the newts/DEP's/Rangers thought about all this.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Read Ranger Gronk's signature line. It'll never happen. Nuff said.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Roger that Ranger Bell!!! :lol:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Ranger Bell wrote:
It'll never happen.
Im with Ranger Bell...

~Joseph
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

This curious subject has surfaced time and time again. The social and political agenda pushers discussing this subject aren't fit to share a discarded MRE with a hairless Iraqi Rat.

It may happen, it may happen sooner than we all would like it to happen. But I am sure it won't hapen while ACOS Schoomaker is on the job.

Fuck it bring it on!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Won't happen, at least not for long.

They started that shit when I went through. They even had a tape that showed women humping with a 30-35 lbs ruck on. What these dipshits don't understand us the only time a Ranger wears a 30lb ruck is when we go RUNNING FOR PT. The rest of the time it is quite a bit larger.

Bring the chicks on, and on week two of Mountains, when it is 35 degress and raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock, the resupply comes and gives you YET ANOTHER load of ammo that you didn't request - bumping your ruck weight upwards toward 150lbs (and their body weight has dropped to 100lbs), I'll laugh my mutherfucking ass off as they crumble and drop like flies.

"Hey PL, we need to take another security halt. GI Jane needs to change her Goddamn tampon again. I guess we'll get a NO GO this patrol, either for not taking care of our troops, or missing our hit time."

Oh yeah, chicks in Ranger School will go over about as well as a fart in Sunday School.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Creeping Death wrote: "Hey PL, we need to take another security halt. GI Jane needs to change her Goddamn tampon again. I guess we'll get a NO GO this patrol, either for not taking care of our troops, or missing our hit time."
:lol: :lol:
SIGO
Embryo

Re: Army Times article

Post by SIGO »

I've never been on a ruck march longer than 5 miles that didn't have every single female lame out.
1SFG: 03-Present
(Support Dude)
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Creeping Death wrote:Won't happen, at least not for long.

They started that shit when I went through....... on week two of Mountains, when it is 35 degress and raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock, the resupply comes and gives you YET ANOTHER load of ammo that you didn't request - bumping your ruck weight upwards toward 150lbs (and their body weight has dropped to 100lbs), I'll laugh my mutherfucking ass off as they crumble and drop like flies.
Various bulldike lookin Chicks in one form or another have always had their clit on tryin to get into Ranger School. It ain't gonna happen, this ain't the movies, Ranger School IS NOT Airborne school, there are NO WOMEN RANGERS, you'll never see a woman walkin around post with a black...uhhh Tan Beret (unlike those green beanies).

THAT IS ONE TRADITION THAT WILL NEVER FRICKIN CHANGE, course I never thought I'd see RockStar Haircuts in the Rangers either.

But trust me, that ain't something that is ever gonna change unless they put a woman as head of the JCOS. They do that, and then it becomes possible, but they'd never make it outta city week anyway. I can just see some RI in the PT pit countin pushups goin 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, then sayin your back ain't straight enough, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, (get the picture) cause if they hold those standards to us as men you damn well better believe that they would with women (what the hell am I even talkin about?

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN) Did you READ RANGER H8TRAINS POST OR WHAT blacksrt4!?!

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... highlight=
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RGR W. Beals
Ranger

may not be that bad!

Post by RGR W. Beals »

Hey sex in Ranger school!!

Instead of being fucked by your Ranger Buddy you could fuck her(smile). :lol:
RGR School class 2/77. A/NCOIC RIP 2/75th
A/2/75 from 11/75 to 7/79
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

If it ever does happen it will be this way. When the ammo resupply comes it will only be redistributed to the men, the women will have smaller rucks so no more ammo will fit. The women will be allowed to not carry the machine gun because it is too heavy for them. So the rest of the platoon will carry the rest of the platoon equipment for them. So the men will be asked to do more rather than the women be kept to the same standard.

The men will carry the night vision because it won't fit in the womens ruck. The women will get at least two trips to the rear during the field problem for hygenie issues no matter what. Maybe more if it is that time of the month. They will not be held to the same standards for PT like they aren't anywhere else in the army. They will be given more chances to pass land nav and probably everything else. Because the army won't like haveing a higher women fail rate than men. Just like PLDC where most of the women shouldn't have passed but guess what did.

I think it is only a matter of time before women get in and then they will have to lower the standards either for everyone or just for women students. The liberals and the army won't see a problem with that but we all know eventually it will get someone killed.

Ranger2
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You had NVG's in Ranger School?
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I can’t wait till immediate action drills consist of " toss weapon, drop to knees and pray" that did a lot of good
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Yeah, we had PVS-4's. I think one or two per squad.

I don't remember ever using them though.

Ranger2
Dando175
Ranger

Post by Dando175 »

[quote=Beetlebug]you'll never see a woman walkin around post with a black...uhhh Tan Beret[/quote]

Actually, one of the most horrifying momemts in my life was coming back from Florida for graduation and seeing a female RTB soldier sporting one of the brand new tan berets back in 2001. I'm still in therapy. :(
CPT, USAF Medical Service Corps
A Co. 1/75 99-02
Class 9-01

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”