Veteran Needed for CNN Interview ASAP!

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

CNN is doing a story on Veterans who are having difficulties finding a job

If you have been recently discharged and are having problems looking for a job now...or if you had to settle for a job that was beneath your qualifications and salary expectations, CNN wants to talk to you NOW!

A recent study for the VA found that 18 percent of the veterans who sought jobs within one to three years of discharge were unemployed. The study also found 25 percent of the vets who did find jobs earned less than $21 K a year. CNN is looking for someone who has encountered this and would be interested in talking to them.

CNN would like to know what prospective employers are saying to you, the applicant, and why they do not seem to value military experience on a resume.

It this describes your situation, contact me directly and I will immediately refer your information to David Mattingly, National Corespondant at CNN in Atlanta. Also, if you happen to be in the greater San Diego / L.A. area, let me know that as well, because David will be in the San Diego next week doing some interviews and he can meet up with you there easily.

Email me your name, telephone, email, and location to gm@veteranstoday.com

Have a Great Veterans Today Network Day!

John P. Allen
General Manager
Veterans Today Network
HireVeterans.com
Email: gm@veteranstoday.com
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Post Service Issues”