chest rig

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
GSXRanger
Ranger

chest rig

Post by GSXRanger »

I had made a post on Chest Rigs, and got some very good feedback from BTDT's... but, as stated, my buddy loaned me his Wasatch Rig, that he used in Afghanistan.

This is a low profile plate carrier, that can carry a SAPI plate front and back. I have it configured so I can use this, when on the range, and not needing full body armor. It's pretty adjustable, so I can open the sides and sling it over my main armor, and I like how the mag pouches work. You can get to eight M4 mags, up front, with a pocket for a SABER or other radio if needed.

I mounted my BH SERPA CQC up front, and it rides nicely.

Gonna take this over with me and see how it works.

the back has full PALS webbing, I stuck a water bladder holder on for measure.

I thought the patch was fitting...

Last edited by GSXRanger on March 5th, 2008, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I realize the right shoulder strap says "B-Pos" on it. My blood type is O Neg, hence the patch.

I will be dusting this with a nice coat of Tan Krylon before punching out.

We shall see what they issue me at Benning this weekend.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Luv the Secret Squirrel patch...almost as much as the Pork Eating Crusader.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Where is the beard? Aren't you deploying soon?:? Call a mofo once in a while, would ya?
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Oto-Man wrote:Luv the Secret Squirrel patch...almost as much as the Pork Eating Crusader.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Where is the beard? Aren't you deploying soon?:? Call a mofo once in a while, would ya?
We were told we are gonna be clean faced for this mission. My fuggin hair is getting grayer by the minute.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

GSXRanger wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:Luv the Secret Squirrel patch...almost as much as the Pork Eating Crusader.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

We were told we are gonna be clean faced for this mission. My fuggin hair is getting grayer by the minute.
Intimidating, non-hadji conforming, fluent speaking, water boarding-(just kidding), bacon eating, party.....WOW! Wish I could go.... :cry:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Do you have low vis soft armor system under your ACUs? What are you using for side protection as well? I was trying to see if you have the MSAP system in play but your arms are in the way.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

SupplyRanger wrote:Do you have low vis soft armor system under your ACUs? What are you using for side protection as well? I was trying to see if you have the MSAP system in play but your arms are in the way.
I don't have anything on under the ACU at the moment brother... but, I do have a Level 3A Safariland concealable vest, as well as the stuff they are gonna issue me this weekend at Benning as part of the new RFI.

I have no clue as to what the new armor is like, but it supposedly has the "new" version of the SAPI plates.

Once I get the gear, I will snap some pics of it.

I just threw the Wasatch on to show how it rides. It's quite comfy... I got some SIM rounds put on me down in Puerto Rico... fun fun fun
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Hopefully you get the good shit at RFI but I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed. I figured you guys being SOT-A and assigned to USASOC you'd get your shit through SSAVIE. Depending on what we are doing Saturday, I got some stuff in the hooch you guys may wanna take a peak at and try to procure as far as low vis carriers and strike plates. My son has a fund raiser this Saturday and Sunday we have street soccer but I can always swing on post if you guys are in the area to show you some kit that ya'll might be interested in.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Nice pogue patches... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear ya...

I won't be wearing those, you can bet. But, I thought they were funny for the picture. I love the Pork Eating Crusader patch... that shit made me laugh!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
getoutatheway
Tadpole

Post by getoutatheway »

Hehe, the fun-o-meter patch.
Reminds me of a program i wrote for my group at work.

It was a network based app that left a screen up showing the fun-o-meter for the entire group (averaged out) and individuals.

You set your own fun-o-meter and kind of like and instant message it would send your setting to the rest of the people in the team, and you would see how pissed or happy everyone was.

That app was a blast!

Like the other patches as well, squirrel :)
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

...I tried, but I cant do it..

Those fuckng patches are PRIME examples of the current FAGGOTRY thats is sweeping the Army right now....... :roll:

....I am constantly amazed at the Bullshit people come up with AND wear.....Then look at me like I am fucked up when I correct them .... :roll:

Had to RANT ...sorry.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Nice sense of humor. I just about snotted all over the screen when I zeroed in on those patches.

Glad you're not wearing those to the box.

Stay safe and keep in touch with us..
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

bad quote
Last edited by Horned Toad on March 5th, 2008, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

GSXRanger wrote:We were told we are gonna be clean faced for this mission. My fuggin hair is getting grayer by the minute.
Yeah, you're a grey MoFo. I'm 39 and don't have nearly that much grey! :lol:

Maybe the high-and-tight flat-top has something to do with my lack of grey, though! :D :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

rgrpuck wrote:...I tried, but I cant do it..

Those fuckng patches are PRIME examples of the current FAGGOTRY thats is sweeping the Army right now....... :roll:

....I am constantly amazed at the Bullshit people come up with AND wear.....Then look at me like I am fucked up when I correct them .... :roll:

Had to RANT ...sorry.
Colonel: "Marine, what is that button on your body armour?"
Joker: "A peace symbol sir."
Colonel: "Where'd you get it?"
Joker: "I don't remember sir."
Colonel: "What is that you've got written on your helmet?"
Joker: "Born to Kill" sir."
Colonel: "You write "Born to Kill" on you helmet, and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?"
Joker: "No, sir."
Colonel: "Well what is it supposed to mean?"
Joker: "I don't know, sir."
Colonel: "You don't know very much do you?"
Joker: "No sir."
Colonel: "You better get your head and your ass wired together or I will take a giant shit on you."
Joker: "Yes sir."
Colonel: "Now answer my question, or you'll be standing tall before The Man."
Joker: "I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man sir."
Colonel: "The what?"
Joker: "The duality of man, the Jungian thing, sir."
Colonel: "Who's side are you on, son?"
Joker: "Our side, sir."
Colonel: "Don't you love your country?"
Joker: "Yes, sir."
Colonel: "Well how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and c'mon in for the big win?"
Joker: "Yes, sir."
Colonel: "Son, all I've ever asked of my Marines is for them to obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese because inside every gook, there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've got to try to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."
Joker: "Aye aye, sir."

:lol: :lol:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Personal Gear”