U.S. Troops 'Ready' to Aid Pakistan

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

U.S. Troops 'Ready' to Aid Pakistan

Post by Chiron »

The Pentagon is "ready, willing and able" to send U.S. troops to conduct joint combat operations with Pakistan's military against al-Qaeda sanctuaries in Pakistan's tribal areas, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday.

The U.S. military is also beginning to construct as many as eight coordination centers along the Afghan-Pakistani border that will be staffed by officers from the three countries to more closely share intelligence and conduct combat operations, according to Maj. Gen. David Rodriguez, the top U.S. commander for eastern Afghanistan.

Full story
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Excellent. Hopefully 'Joint' means they will send one officer to ride in a command bird above the ground to watch while our guys do all the ground work. I don't think we need any actual Pakistan military 'help'.

Oh, that's bad of me, probably sounds a bit nationalistic too.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Spartan wrote:Excellent. Hopefully 'Joint' means they will send one officer to ride in a command bird above the ground to watch while our guys do all the ground work. I don't think we need any actual Pakistan military 'help'.

Oh, that's bad of me, probably sounds a bit nationalistic too.
No it doesn't. In fact the fighting according to a German friend of mine has brought the deaths in Pakistan to number three out of 22 wars in the world.

My guess is that they need help but how do you avoid their nationalistic/islamist problem.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”