Another Neurology appt made

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Another Neurology appt made

Post by Steadfast »

I was in the waiting room of my local Veteran's Administration Hospital in the Neurological clinic. My name was called and I rose to my feet albiet somewhat slow. I did not see who called my name. I go to this clinic 2 times a year to keeps my vitiman medications coming in. Last time I was here the 64 1/2 y.o. doctor called me a faker. I ignored him and let him say his shit. I thought about going to the patients rep but let his words slide. The funny part is he looked at me and without so much as examining me made that faker statement. I usually got another oriental doctor but did not see him this time. I exited the waiting room Tuesday past within 10 minutes of my scheduled appointment. I was truly amazed. I saw it was the doctor that last called me faker. I follow him to his little room when he sits behind a puter screen. I can not see the screen. I look at him with a blank look on my face. I have complained of pain in my ankles and lower legs for 30 years, actually 34 years. He asks me, "How's your pain?" I say, "what pain? After 30 years I think the pain is finally going away". He gets out his reflex hammer and hits the back of each of my ankles and then each of my knees. I never felt them. I said to the neurology doctor, "How's my reflexes?" He looks me in the eye and says, "You have no reflexes at all, none in your ankles and none in your knees." "Are you taking your medication?" he asked. I nodded, yes. He says, "you got one left on this Rx but you can have your Primary Doctor renew your prescription." I look at him and think of saying to him, do you remember saying i was faking the last time 6 months ago but thought better as this guy is merely a joker and with luck he will retire before they close down this V.A. With more luck I will die before the numbness spreads across my entire body. Some friends of mine have no feeling in 90 to 100% of their bodies, Thanks to Agent Orange that never affected us according to our own government.

I have a friend whom I called Cuz (short for cousin), who was in USMC in RVN. He had a bad case of psriarsis I ever saw on an individual. His, hands, arms, and legs were encased in sores (I knew of other friends of mine that suffered the effects of Agent Orange but I neva saw their bad sores under their clothing) of a most obscene kind. The V. A. denied him his Agent Orange claim. The V.A. in all their wisdom knew that Cuz was suffering badly from his psoriasis, gave him a 60% disability for frostbite and the ravages cause by it. Cuz told me personally he neva got frostbite in RVN. He has since passed away 2years ago. He went to the Wall with our "Hootch" group and remained a brother to us all formerly of RVN. He and all our brethren are to be remembered this weekend. God bless all our soldiers all through time. ~S~
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
VAK
USAF Veteran

VA

Post by VAK »

There are simply no words....

Godspeed,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “Post Service Issues”