Reposting My Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Kai
US Army

Reposting My Intro

Post by Kai »

Hi. My name is Kai. US Army veteran, not a Ranger. Mostly MI, did some work for the government, did some "overseas assignments" for them. My sig line has my dates of service and notable permanent duty stations. I'm reposting this, I guess my posts got deleted in the server rollback. Thanks for letting me be a part of this community. I know there are some high-speed people and I hope to learn a lot from them.

I have a friend who was in 3/75, he and I went to language school together. I saw that he recently got promoted to SFC, is an 18E4. If "Tian Jieming" is out there (he'll know what that is), I just want to say congratulations.

I'll go select my avatar and move out/draw fire hooah.

As a side note, I noticed the board is PHPBB. If you're looking for an alternative format for forums, I recommend SMF (simple machines forums). I'm a big computer dork and I've swapped both of my websites to SMF. It's more secure and doesn't allow script-kiddies to try and exploit PHPBB's flaws. Worth looking into. Yes. Yes now I shall go crawl back into my cave.

--kai!
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

US Army 1994-2004
A/124 MI, 24th ID FSGA
B, C, D/103 MI, 3d ID FSGA
HOC, 741 MI FMMD
Kai
US Army

Post by Kai »

Er, I would select my avatar but there are currently none available in the profile options. :oops:
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

US Army 1994-2004
A/124 MI, 24th ID FSGA
HOC, 741 MI FMMD
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Kai wrote:Er, I would select my avatar but there are currently none available in the profile options. :oops:
Since you're a veteran, you can select your own avatar of your choosing. Obviously there's not a gallery to choose from at the moment, but I'm sure you can find a pic and shrink it down to avatar size, since you said you're computer genius and all :wink: .

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com...... again :D
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome to AR, MI !!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Kai

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Kai.

Nice avatar.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kai
US Army

Post by Kai »

Thanks (again) for the welcomes. Yes Ranger Cliv03 I know where you're coming from, because the avatar bears a striking resemblance to me, as well. Heh.

US Army 1994-2004
A/124 MI, 24th ID FSGA
HOC, 741 MI FMMD
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Kai
US Army

Re: Reposting My Intro

Post by Kai »

I thought it would be a good idea to revive this thread instead of cluttering your board with my leg drivel in a new post.

After much careful consideration and what passes for soul-searching, I've decided that I'm not fit for civilian life. I've decided to yield to whatever call is luring me back into service. When I first joined, I had a plan and that plan was to be a linguist. I didn't let anyone stop me and I achieved what I wanted. I reclassed in 1998 and went back for an even more difficult language at the beginning of 1999, achieving that goal as well. During my time in Monterey I met a handful of Rangers, some of whom continued to give me guidance in my military career. Some of you might know them. Hell, for all I know some of you might be them. Ruguo ni hui shuo zhongwen yinwei qu Guofang Yuyan Xueyuan, wo xing Qiguai de Huoche (just a shout-out to any former classmates). Anyway, one of them made a marked difference in my life. When I finally pinned on my Sergeant stripes I asked him to help pin me. I never got the chance to thank him.

So I'm going back in. The Ranger in my class pretty much made it clear, without outright saying it, there was nothing in this world like belonging to this fraternity. After having quietly done as much research on this site without asking idiotic questions as I could, I think I've gotten enough information to know that my chances, whilst difficult, are not out of the realm of possibility. And since I'm a persistent, annoying fucker... I'm gonna get what I want or you'll see my ass on CNN with some reporter's voice-over saying there was a crazy guy who wouldn't go away. Nothing so graphic as some of the displays of tenacity I've seen, but there it is. That one about digging a tunnel with his teeth was pretty epic, that's a tough standard to beat. But I've never backed down from a challenge. I've felt the pull for some time and it's not going away. I don't want to wait until it's too late and then be left wondering for the rest of my life "what if". I'm going for the biggest challenge of my entire life because really, why live if you ain't gonna go for broke?

Thank you all for your service, Rangers. And DEPs (in advance, of course) and non-Rangers. And HH6s and Ranger moms and dads. I'm privileged to have been allowed to stay, and I'm not giving the Army a choice in the matter so I'll be back to report my success at scoring a slot. Don't tell MEPS I'm coming, I want it to be a great big fucking surprise. :mrgreen:

Hooah.
-- Kai

US Army 1994-2004
A/124 MI, 24th ID FSGA
HOC, 741 MI FMMD
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Reposting My Intro

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome again, I hope your desire becomes fact. Thank you for serving.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Introduction Archive”