Wrist injury

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Wrist injury

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I "sprained" my wrist skatebaording 4 weeks ago yesterday according to the doctors at the hospital. When I was there they said they couldnt see any breaks and that it was just a sprain. Well its been 4 weeks they said give it 2 weeks and it will be fine. So I can move my wrist in all directions now, but when I move it as if I was to do a pushup and I get down to do one the pressure just kills and it wont let me do anything other than move. Should I consult a doctor or just keep wearing the splint they gave me and see if I cant wait it out.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Do what yer Doc said. Give it 2 weeks. Jeeze.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well I have been letting it heal wearing a splint they gave me. I can move my wrist it just hurts in my palm kinda and on the inside of the wrist when I put pressure when I bend it. I will go see the doctor and see what he has to say. Thanks all...
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AND STAY AWAY FROM THE SKATEBOARD AND OTHER NONSENSE.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Rodger that Rangers, like I said its been getting better just not as fast as they said it would. The doctors failed to say anything about the level of sprain it was, I am takin motrin800 and and yes I have been using R.I.C.E except when I am at work :? Thanks again...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Oh, geez.....try doing pushups on your fists instead of palms down.
DOC.....we need some Vagisil over here. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I do them on my fist's they dont bother me at all then actually wouldnt it strengthin my wrists?
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Black,
Doc has given his advise. Go see your ortho if it persists and stay away from pushups.... Now do some frigin flutterkicks for wasting our time!!!! :twisted:

Damn, you ask for advise then piss in the face of the Ranger giving it!!! Tighten your shot group while you have chance!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

blacksrt4 wrote:I do them on my fist's they dont bother me at all then actually wouldnt it strengthin my wrists?
Do what the doc says. Don't even beat off if it could cause a strain. :lol: Seriously, whatever you may lose from laying off, you will get back in basic. Use your head.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

sobersides wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:...Don't even beat off if it could cause a strain. ...
Or just beat off with the other hand. (Would that make you 'Bi-'?) :oops:
Are you coming out of the closet? If so, go back in! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Blacksrt, you will be receiving a bill for medical advice and the total comes to $982,345.76 payable in cash or American Express only. There will be no need to send this mail as a "rubber check" as we will be sending some Ranger "volunteers" to your house to pick up the cash. Whatever denomination you have will be fine. A large portion of the money will be going to our Doc who will be setting up a new Relaxation Spa for tired Doc's and Rangers. Below is the expensive post by Doc who is also bashful about asking for money. I am not. Here's is Doc's medical impart and his credientials:
Doc wrote: Follow your doc's orders, follow-up if it is not getting better (and then inquire as to the necessity of an MRI) and STOP DOING PUSHUPS WITH A SPRAINED WRIST!
Post when you hear something.

Check Six,
Doc
S.W.A.T. Operator/TEMS Team Leader

"Shit Doc, this really hurts!" "Yeah I know, gettin' shot will do that..."
P.S. After payment is received, follow-up treatment if diagnosis is good will be free. If diagnosis is not good money will be requested from you, prolly only 3/4's of original amount (estimation).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Medical Issues”