Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RockClimber
Embryo

Introduction

Post by RockClimber »

Hi. I'm Ahsan, currently residing in Texas and an aspiring Ranger.
I'm 19 years old (well in about a month) and studying for a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I've had my heart set on the Army since HS, but never was able to execute because I've been in the process of getting my Green Card. Now I'm much closer to that in the past so I've once again visited the possibility of being a Ranger. I feel like I've done sufficient amounts of research (although it can never seem enough), and I'm ready to sign the contract as soon I get my approval notice from the INS for the Green Card.
My intentions are to go 11X with an Option 40, I'm not currently in as good a shape as I was back in HS (College...'nuff said), but I still have a month or two, before my papers come through, hopefully INS won't screw me over and delay it further.

I'm 5'7, 137-140lbs and my current PT stats on a good day are:
2 Mile - 11:58
SU - 102
Push Ups - 78
Pull Ups - 13

I look forward to learning more from you guys and get a realistic assessment of what's to come.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Invictus »

hooah2 wrote:Hi. I'm Ahsan, currently residing in Texas and an aspiring Ranger.
I'm 19 years old (well in about a month) and studying for a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I've had my heart set on the Army since HS, but never was able to execute because I've been in the process of getting my Green Card. Now I'm much closer to that in the past so I've once again visited the possibility of being a Ranger. I feel like I've done sufficient amounts of research (although it can never seem enough), and I'm ready to sign the contract as soon I get my approval notice from the INS for the Green Card.
My intentions are to go 11X with an Option 40, I'm not currently in as good a shape as I was back in HS (College...'nuff said), but I still have a month or two, before my papers come through, hopefully INS won't screw me over and delay it further.

I'm 5'7, 137-140lbs and my current PT stats on a good day are:
2 Mile - 11:58
SU - 102
Push Ups - 78
Pull Ups - 13

I look forward to learning more from you guys and get a realistic
assessment of what's to come.
Welcome Ahsan. What's your country of origin?

Your PT is pretty good for a starting place. One thing I would do immediately is seek out resources to ensure you're doing the exercises correctly. You can do a google search for FM21-20, or see if the recruiter has some training material.

At 5'7 140#, you're the protypical size for an AB/AG...if you make it.
Good luck in your endeavor.
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

Ranger Invictus
Country of origin is Pakistan. Speak the native language Urdu fairly well.
I'll definitely look into FM21-20 for the proper way to do the exercises. So far I've been doing them the way I was taught in JROTC; Pushups - breaking the plane; Situps - Elbows going past the knees on the way up and the shoulder blades touching the ground on the way down; Pullups - Palms facing body, no swinging all the way up, head passing the bar.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

Your going to be on the receiving end of some smoke for that screen name.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

AbnRgr289 wrote:Welcome.

Ranger AbnRgr289

How can I change the name?
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

hooah2 wrote:

Ranger AbnRgr289

It has to be done by an Admin, what do you want it changed to?

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
hooah2 wrote:

Ranger AbnRgr289

It has to be done by an Admin, what do you want it changed to?
Ranger AbnRgr289

At this point, whatever will put me in less heat. Although I would like to know why my choice for a SN was a bad one, excuse the ignorance!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in enisting to serve our country. You have been given good advice regarding your screen name. I suggest you find the answer to your question about it by searching this site and the internet, and post your answer in this thread.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Ranger Bill wrote:Welcome and thank you for your interest in enisting to serve our country. You have been given good advice regarding your screen name. I suggest you find the answer to your question about it by searching this site and the internet, and post your answer in this thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats good advice right there hooah2 and a good first assignment, follow it.

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome young man, and thank you for your willingness to serve. Your language skills are VERY much needed. Decent PT scores too... keep your eyes on your goal, and do not quit no matter what.

Welcome to the site... there are more tools than you can use here to set you up for success.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:Welcome and thank you for your interest in enisting to serve our country. You have been given good advice regarding your screen name. I suggest you find the answer to your question about it by searching this site and the internet, and post your answer in this thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats good advice right there hooah2 and a good first assignment, follow it.
Read and Completed.

I now have a better understanding of why the use of the word Hooah is inappropriate at the current moment. It has become somewhat of a habit for me, but I'll refrain until I have earned the right to use it.
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

Wiseman wrote:Ahsan,

Do you still have a Pakistani passport and do you know whether the Pakistani embassy still considers you a citizen of their country? If so, you may have to renounce your Pakistani citizenship. I'm an immigrant too and they didn't like the fact that I had a Russian passport at one point in time.
Yes, still have a Pakistani passport and still considered a citizen. And I'll have to keep the passport and the citizenship until I have earned US Citizenship, which under a Presidential order I'll be able to apply for immideately after enlistment. But for now, I'm quite sure that the Green Card will be enough to be able to do an 11X Opt 40 on my contract. I was a bit unsure because you need to have SECRET clearane as well, and that might not be granted...but talking to my recruiter he confirmed that I should be able to try for Rangers with the GC.
The way I see it, what better way to earn US Citizenship then through this...
Tupac

Post by Tupac »

If those are your actual PT scores, then you are doing better than 99% of the army. IF those are your actual PT scores...Whatever.
RockClimber
Embryo

Post by RockClimber »

Timmy wrote:If those are your actual PT scores, then you are doing better than 99% of the army. IF those are your actual PT scores...Whatever.
Ranger Timmy

Yes, those are my actual PT scores on a good day. I will not always be able to run a sub 12 Two-Miler, but I am very capable of it. Did 4 Years of HS Track/XC. As the for PU/SU/Pull Ups those two are my real counts. Despite, I still feel there's always room for improvement and look forward to any advice in that column.

Return to “Introduction Archive”