Lt. Thornbury another butterbar story

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Lucky
US Army

Lt. Thornbury another butterbar story

Post by Lucky »

In Iraq about february of 06 we got a new Lt. in 2nd platoon. He was definetly your classic butter bar Lt. He was a ranger fresh from school and just sent over. He was without a doubt the biggest cherry of an Lt I have ever met. (I mean no disrespect either considering he is a ranger). He wouldnt listen to anyone. One of my first encounters with him was in the company TOC. I was on radio guard and was talking to our CO Cpt Adam Lackey. He used to be in 2/75 I believe and if anyone has met him youll know hes a great officer. Now I was pretty cool with my old Lt. So we would joke around and pit eachother alot. Anyway Lt. Thornbury walks in as i'm talkin to the CO. Out of nowhere he says hey you I wanna see the NARSUM. I get up and go to give it to him but drop it right in front of him and step on it. He gets all flustered and says wtf soldier. I say oh shit sir I'm sorry, lets go outside and ill let you teach me a little bit about combatives. He looks to the CO and says sir this soldier is being in subordinate, is this what our NCO's teach the soldiers here. He looks up from his coffee and says" so fuckin pit him ". Lt Thornbury looks up and say "well I don't like to get dirty before bedtime" and storms out. Fast forward to about a week later. Were on perimeter guard and I'm at OP 3, I see Lt. walking up to the search shack. I say HALT WHO GOES THERE? He freezes dead in his tracks and say Please don't shoot it's Lt. Thornbuuuuurrryyyy. My Squad leader and I both broke out laughing and he stormed off and jumped in the humvee and wouldnt speak to either of us for a week. However he did make a turnaround and led most of the guys home. He is a good guy just a little mislead.
Rakkasan
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Adam Lackey is a good dude. We went through something together...IOBC, Ranger...maybe he was at one of my assignments...anyway, good guy.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Lucky
US Army

Post by Lucky »

Looking back on it its no wonder. :lolOnly one took place under his command and I believe he was on a "break" that day.
Rakkasan

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”