Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bikinmike
Embryo

Introduction

Post by bikinmike »

Hello, my name is Michael, or Bikinmike.
I am 18 and finished up high school. I am going in the Army as an 18x in 4 months, and though that is different than being a Ranger, I have read this site for awile now, and truly believe everyone here has alot they could teach me, and I am most willing to learn.

So I guess you could say the purpose of my visit is to shutup and listen :D

Introduce yourself first: Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Read the Intro FAQ before making a second post.
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
bikinmike
Embryo

Er.

Post by bikinmike »

And already, I have made an ass of myself by keeping the farking guidelines to what I should write here in my post. Sorry!
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

PT Score? (it'll be kinda important where you are headed :wink: ).

Welcome here. Thank you for your interest in serving our Great Nation.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
bikinmike
Embryo

Post by bikinmike »

The first APFT score I got was 227 Ranger Oto-Man. Not as good as I'd have liked, but I will push myself further.
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

No, Knucklehead. We don't give a RATS ASS about what your SCORE was, we want you to break it down for us.

PU=?
SU=?
2MR=?

Pull Ups=?

That is what he was talking about. You could get a 227 and still fail an event. Good try though. Welcome to the site, thanks for introducing yourself, and good luck in the Pipeline. It will be a very long road for you, but well worth it if you make it.

Cheers!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bikinmike
Embryo

Post by bikinmike »

GSXRanger wrote:No, Knucklehead. We don't give a RATS ASS about what your SCORE was, we want you to break it down for us.

PU=?
SU=?
2MR=?

Pull Ups=?

That is what he was talking about. You could get a 227 and still fail an event. Good try though. Welcome to the site, thanks for introducing yourself, and good luck in the Pipeline. It will be a very long road for you, but well worth it if you make it.

Cheers!
Ah, thankyou Ranger GSXRanger for the swift kick to the nuts! Allow me to fix my previous mistake, please.

2m = 15:05

SU = 70

CU = 60

PU = 12

Thankyou for your patience.
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
bikinmike
Embryo

Post by bikinmike »

bikinmike wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:No, Knucklehead. We don't give a RATS ASS about what your SCORE was, we want you to break it down for us.

PU=?
SU=?
2MR=?

Pull Ups=?

Cheers!
Ah, thankyou Ranger GSXRanger for the swift kick to the nuts! Allow me to fix my previous mistake, please.

2m = 15:05

SU = 70

CU = 60

PU = 12

Thankyou for your patience.
As I look over it, I wish I could edit a post.

SU = situps or curlups.

CU = Pushups.

PU = Pullups.

Requesting permission to go outside and beat myself in the face with my keyboard, sir.
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ah, I like this one. He has heart.

Young man, keep this cheer, and this respectful yet, lighthearted demeanor and you will do fine in Group. Keep your eyes focused on the goal. Even when you think you can not take another step forward, look around you. Every man there, will be sucking just as BAD as you think you are... some even worse.

Do NOT be a spotlight. Shoulder your share of the task, whatever it may be... 100% and then some.

Learn the Ranger Creed by heart... until you can say an entire stanza just by hearing the number called out... zero mistakes. Live by those words. I went to Ranger School from Group... and let me tell you, the Ranger Creed are words that I still live by today.

Work on your run. That run time won't cut it. Work hard, work smart.

That is all.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

bikinmike wrote:
Requesting permission to go outside and beat myself in the face with my keyboard, sir.
You are going to be a strong stud, that's for sure, but like GSX, I like your attitude.

Make sure that you start looking over what you do, before you post it, say it or do it. It will make life easier....take it from a strong Ranger.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

bikinmike

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bikinmike, you have only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You have succeeded; everyone seems to enjoy your positive, yet self-effacing style. Please read all the FAQs, and study selected stickies and threads. As you were directed, commit the Ranger Creed to memory and then try to live up to the creed every day. Whatever you do, never, never quit! Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
bikinmike
Embryo

Post by bikinmike »

Thank you all for your advice and kind welcome.
HOORAY!!!

LOLCATZ!?
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Welcome, and by the way you have permission to carry out your punishment.

Thanks for choosing the road less traveled. Now go and make a difference in the world.

You have my blessings.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)

Return to “Introduction Archive”