introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

scar
Ranger

introduction

Post by scar »

Howdy Rangers, my name is Daniel I'm 20 and after two years of college under my belt i felt like the army was the direction for me. I will be shipping out to ft Benning on august 23rd, 11x option 40.

after reading many of the stickies and the FAQ section i already came away with more information than i was expecting, this is a great site, keep up the good work
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome and congratulations on securing your option 40 Ranger contract. The path you have taken is littered with those that fall by the wayside. Some even quit after getting scolded on this website.

Stand bye and don't do anything stupid. Others will be along to square you away. Good luck to you.
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

And don't hit the submit key twice.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

And don't hit the submit key twice.

+1
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Oto-Man
Ranger

Re: introduction

Post by Oto-Man »

scar wrote:Howdy Rangers, my name is Daniel I'm 20 and after two years of college under my belt i felt like the army was the direction for me. I will be shipping out to ft Benning on august 23rd, 11x option 40.

after reading many of the stickies and the FAQ section i already came away with more information than i was expecting, this is a great site, keep up the good work
:shock:

I swore I wasn't going to do this for a while...but.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Howdy right back at ya sunshine!!!!
And you are very, very welcome sweetheart! We will do our level best to keep it coming just for you :wink: :wink: . I'd like to ask where you went to college for 2 Friggin' years and still don't know to CAPITALIZE your I's??? (I just don't want to send my kids there.) :lol: :lol: (Gimmie a DEP!!!!)

Anyway, rant over...PLEASE don't respond to my post :lol: ...it is all rhetorical at this point...you may, however, want to answer some of the other Ranger's questions...PU/ SU, 2mile run...etc...etc..

Thank you for choosing to serve our great nation as an Army Ranger. I do wish you well in your quest. Don't Quit!!! Ever.....Read MORE...all the answers you need are right on this site....use the search button...

Welcome here....

(Eric...that's 2....my tongue is getting sore from this biting thing...but I need to give 'em all a fighting chance......Right?)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Oto-Man wrote:
(Eric...that's 2....my tongue is getting sore from this biting thing...but I need to give 'em all a fighting chance......Right?)
:wink: :lol:
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

scar wrote:Howdy Rangers, my name is Daniel I'm 20 and after two years of college under my belt i felt like the army was the direction for me. I will be shipping out to ft Benning on august 23rd, 11x option 40.

You did?

If so, where is your avatar? Get it squared away.

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Hello Danny boy. We had 16 yr old kid introduce himself yesterday, and let me tell you, he did a helluva lot better than you. :roll:

I don't want popcorn. I feel like nachos with xtra jalopenos.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Here's a nice intro from a 16 yr old:

viewtopic.php?t=34367&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

JLTW!!! wrote:Good luck! What kind of training are you putting yourself through in preparation? Are you in good shape? Post some PT scores...that means 2 minutes of pushups, 2 minutes of situps, and a 2 mile run-no ifs, ands, buts, or execuses accepted. Never quit!
Hey JLTW we do pull-ups at Regiment too

So Scar you need to post your pull-up number as well.

If you ever say howdy again on this site I will vote to ban you for being a toolbox. We are not your friends but we will help you if you deserve it.

Now go do PT
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Charlie 51 wrote:
If you ever say howdy again on this site I will vote to ban you for being a toolbox.
Great minds think alike.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

"Howdy Rangers"?

He must think we are Texas Rangers................
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Oto-Man wrote:

:shock:

I swore I wasn't going to do this for a while...but.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Howdy right back at ya sunshine!!!!
And you are very, very welcome sweetheart! We will do our level best to keep it coming just for you :wink: :wink: . I'd like to ask where you went to college for 2 Friggin' years and still don't know to CAPITALIZE your I's??? (I just don't want to send my kids there.) :lol: :lol: (Gimmie a DEP!!!!)

Anyway, rant over...PLEASE don't respond to my post :lol: ...it is all rhetorical at this point...you may, however, want to answer some of the other Ranger's questions...PU/ SU, 2mile run...etc...etc..

Thank you for choosing to serve our great nation as an Army Ranger. I do wish you well in your quest. Don't Quit!!! Ever.....Read MORE...all the answers you need are right on this site....use the search button...

Welcome here....

Same place KW Driver did and Jurena's wife :D

Return to “Introduction Archive”