New Rules for Combat Patches

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

New Rules for Combat Patches

Post by RTO »

WASHINGTON - The Army has changed its policy on the wear of combat patches as a result of the way Soldiers and their units now deploy.

Since 1945 the intent behind the wear of the combat patch, known as the "shoulder sleeve insignia-former wartime service," was to recognize Soldiers' participation in combat operations. However, this only applied to Soldiers who were serving with such large echelon deployed units as separate brigades, divisions, corps, Army commands or higher.

"Soldiers deploy differently now, at smaller echelon levels such as companies, battalions, combat brigade teams and as individual augmentees in support of larger echelon units," said Sgt. Maj. Katrina Easley, branch chief for uniform policy at Army G-1. "At those levels they weren't authorized to wear their unit patch as a combat patch."

Once Soldiers report to their first units, they wear their command's patch on their left sleeves. When deployed to a designated combat zone, Soldiers may also wear the company-level or higher patch that they serve with on their right sleeves.

In the past, confusion resulted over which combat patch should be worn by Soldiers who were cross-leveled, assigned, attached or serving as augmentees to deployed units. This also affected Soldiers under temporary duty orders in a combat zone.

The new guidance states that when echelons below company level deploy, Soldiers in those units may now wear the combat patch of the lowest-echelon command they deploy with, as long as it's at company level or higher.

Full Story....
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Not sure about what all the fine print means, does this mean a female that serves breakfast to or some REMF LTC that delivers the mail to a Ranger unit can now wear a Ranger combat scroll? :shock:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

RTO wrote:Not sure about what all the fine print means, does this mean a female that serves breakfast to or some REMF LTC that delivers the mail to a Ranger unit can now wear a Ranger combat scroll? :shock:
I was about to ask the same thing. Does that mean that any attached peronnel that go with a Ranger Company/Battalion can put a combat scroll on?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

The new guidance states that when echelons below company level deploy, Soldiers in those units may now wear the combat patch of the lowest-echelon command they deploy with, as long as it's at company level or higher.
does this mean what I think it does??? That an attached unit to the Ranger battalion may put on a combat scroll!!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

[Anthony Kiedis]

Give it away, Give it away, Give it away, Give it away now.

Give it away, Give it away, Give it away, Give it away now.

[/Anthony Kiedis]
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Give all the attachments Follow Me combat patches and tell 'em to shut the fuck up.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

There is a female rigger running around with a combat scroll and has for a few years now.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

The rules are the same as they have always been. You are just seeing it brought to light.

We have a topic in the VIP on this.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “The Mosh Pit”