Neighborhood punks and vandals!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Neighborhood punks and vandals!

Post by BruteForce »

For the past 2-3 months, my neighborhood has suffered a rash of graffiti tagging, broken-into vehicles and various other malicious/minor crimes.

Last night however, sometime after 1am, one of those bastards had the gall to come onto my property and take my 7' mounted 5x7 American flag. (I have a 5x7 that flies on my 25' flagpole and another 5x7 flag that's on a 7' pole in the center of my yard). :evil:

Fortunately, and in my extremely pissed-off state, I was able to scour the entire neighborhood and found it by 0830, a few blocks away, casually thrown onto a lawn.

Tonight, I've wired my neighborhood with web cams and remote control high-power spotlights. Needless to say, I've been on watch all night, and haven't seen anything yet.

I pity the punks and their parents if I should have the fortune of catching these little bastards!

Anybody else have the misfortune to deal with this? If so, how did you handle it?
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I was walking across the yard to my shed one day and there was a cigarette butt thrown on the grass. I don't smoke! I figured one of my neighbors, a crank whore , came to see if she could "borrow" some of my lawnmower gas. I started coming home for lunch and getting up in the middle of the night and walking around the property. All because of a cigarette butt on my lawn and then there was some other neighbors fucking undisciplined pooch gnawing on my fucking trees. Snake shot out of a .22 put the fear into that mutt. :twisted: I know how you feel about your property and good luck. Be careful that you don't cross the line yourself and step on someones "rights'.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

yeah well one time I stole this sweet ass Barb-Q-Grill of a patio.................................. :wink:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
CHUCKCOOLEY
Tadpole

Post by CHUCKCOOLEY »

I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM! I HAVE A SIX FOOT HIGH FENCE WITH LOCKED GATES AND THREE DOGS THAT PATROL THE PROPERTY.
NO ONE CAN EVEN KNOCK ON MY DOOR. THE COOLEY COMPOUND IS ALL SECURE!
medicchick
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by medicchick »

I had some kids throw something at the door today, they ran off when I opened the door holding our German Shepard who wanted to say hi. The neighborhood is usually quiet though. I'm going to start looking at fence options shortly.
Someone needs to teach the regular Army how to make a packing list.

Supporting my DAV, one day at a time.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I'm on 24 acres that is completely fenced, and have a timber wolf, rotweiler, cane corso, lab-pit, shepard-doberman, on patrol at all times, plus I have a remote control gate to deny access. I'm thinking about putting in some machine gun positions in stratagic locations as well as trip flares for early warning, in case CHUCK feels the urge to drop by and take a dump in my yard.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
CHUCKCOOLEY
Tadpole

Post by CHUCKCOOLEY »

GIVE ME THE COORDINATES AND DUMP WILL BE LOCATED WITHIN 10 METERS FROM GIVEN LOCATION. I AM CONDUCTING PCI'S ON MY COLON
WHILE EATING CORN NUTS AND REGULAR SWEETCORN. I ALSO AM PREPPING MY STOOL BY EATING RAW HAMBURGER WHICH WITHIN 48 HOURS WILL GIVE ME BOWEL WORMS! HOPEFULLY THE KIND WITH TEETH WHICH WILL GIVE ME RECTAL BLEEDING. OOPS! :shock:
I FEEL A HUSKY STEAMER COMING ON! I MUST RUN ACROSS THE STREET TO LAY A STEAMER ON MY NEIGHBORS DECK! SEE YA.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Cliv03 wrote:JEEEEZUS CHEEEEE-RIST!!! Rangerguru....What the fuck you got stashed away on your property to have a fucking pack like that??!! :shock: :shock: 8) 8)
Things and stuff, and of course the fear of CHUCK leaving hot worm infested steamers on my lawn.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Let me try to rescue this thread by mentioning that here in over-regulated Fairfax County, Virginia, we have an institution called "Neighborhood Watch." Volunteers go out and just drive around the neighborhood armed only with the phone number of the desk sergeant at the local police station. It has been ongoing for 25 years. Strangely, we have very few incidents.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Rangerguru wrote:
Cliv03 wrote:JEEEEZUS CHEEEEE-RIST!!! Rangerguru....What the fuck you got stashed away on your property to have a fucking pack like that??!! :shock: :shock: 8) 8)
Things and stuff, and of course the fear of CHUCK leaving hot worm infested steamers on my lawn.
Don't forget the blood!
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Jim wrote:Let me try to rescue this thread by mentioning that here in over-regulated Fairfax County, Virginia, we have an institution called "Neighborhood Watch." Volunteers go out and just drive around the neighborhood armed only with the phone number of the desk sergeant at the local police station. It has been ongoing for 25 years. Strangely, we have very few incidents.
We too have Neighborhood Watch, and I'm a "block captain", hence the escalated security (webcams, flood lights, etc.) We're now routinely driving, walking and biking around the area in the evenings, but these little bastards seem to be able to still sneak around.

Things are slowly getting better, but taking my flag was WAY across the line, resulting in an escalation on my end. :D

Just a note that once word spread through the neighborhood that I was completely pissed, my flag "mysteriously" reappeared in my front yard before end-of-day. :x
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

No neighborhood watch where I live but a 12 gauge filled with rock salt and rubber pellets works out quite nicely. :twisted:
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine

Return to “The Mosh Pit”