Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

MichaelL
Embryo

Introduction

Post by MichaelL »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Michael, I am 18 years old. I live in Hot Springs Arkansas. I have graduated high school and am currently in my second semester at a local community college. I wish to enlist in the Army with an 11x with Option 40 contract in the near future. I am waiting to enlist until I know I can physically meet the the tasks demanded during RIP. I have been reading this board for roughly a month now and have come away with a lot of helpful knowledge. My push up,sit up, and 2 mile run time are as follows.

52 push ups
73 sit ups
14:51 2 Mile

I know my push ups are pathetic but I have started on the 10 week push up improvement workout that Ranger Silverback posted in the Physical Training section. I am also running/ walking 3 miles with a 50 lb. ruck every other day. I plan to bump that up to 4 or 5 next month. As well as working out I am reading and gathering as much info as possible about the 75th Ranger regiment as is humanly possible. I have ordered a copy of "A More Elite Soldier", I'm just waiting for it to arrive at my local bookstore. I also purchased an ASVAB study book. I would like to thank the members of the site for allowing me to join the forum and read the knowledge within it.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

MichaelL

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME to armyranger.com

Glad you read Ranger Silverback's item. That is why it is there, to aid you.

Good intro young man.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Re: Introduction

Post by RTO »

MichaelL wrote: I am also running/ walking 3 miles with a 50 lb. ruck every other day. I plan to bump that up to 4 or 5 next month.
Welcome, and thanks for your desire to serve as an Army Ranger.
Great well thought out intro. Very complete. Awesome desire, drive and motivation I see. Kudos.

My only concern is about your knees. My suggestion is to shy away from the heavy ruck running until your dream of becoming a Ranger is a bit closer to reality. Remember..... you only have one set of kness.

I think a program of much longer runs (leave the ruck at home) for endurance and then sprinting/hill work for speed will benifit you much more than the punishing routine you are currently doing.
MichaelL
Embryo

Post by MichaelL »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast. The guide Ranger Silverback posted is pretty killer and I'm enjoying every day of it.

Thank you Ranger RTO. I had not thought about the punishment factor on my knees until you brought it to light. I will definitely begin running with less weight and working on endurance and sprinting. I remember Ranger Sliverback also posting a sprinting workout I will begin to follow. Thank you very much for you’re information.
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, PM inbound.

Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you need to run with no additional weight.

running and rucking are completely different activities.

find a run program that works long slow distances, and short fast runs, and interval training.

running with a ruck is not in your best interest right now, and rarely ever for that matter.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
MichaelL
Embryo

Post by MichaelL »

Savage^ I have read your PM and thank you for the information within it.

Ranger KW Driver, thank you for your info. I will admit I jumped into things a bit too fast. The last thing I want is to damage my knee is a way that would exclude me from serving as a Ranger.I will begin running without weight and start with something that as you said allows for long slow distances and short fast runs. Thank you very much for the info. I will heed the information you and Ranger RTO have imparted on me.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome and good luck in your quest.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression, and you have a Go at this station. Run in good shoes. If your running shoes are worn out, replace them. Now run some more.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome young man, follow the advice given by these Rangers, they know from experience what works and what doesn't.

Read more post less before your jabbering gets eyes on you from the dark corner of the room.

Certainly you may respond appropriately if asked a direct question from a Ranger.

Good luck bud, go kick some ass.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome and good luck!
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome here! Look and listen!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

Welcome. Good Intro. Post less, push more.
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society

Return to “Introduction Archive”