What's the deal?

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ground Into Nothing

What's the deal?

Post by Ground Into Nothing »

This is my first time on this board, but I don't understand why so many of you former Rangers are bitter. You seem to have a "screw you" attitude toward both other Rangers and those interested in becoming one. I was down at Camp Legueme this weekend and even the Recon Marines I talked to down there were friendly. These are guys who are usually more than happy to mess with non-Marines.

Let's get real, I have a lot of respect for Rangers, but Recon is just as elite and they treated me without any type of hostility. In fact they took me with them on a 10 mile training run.

What gives?
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I don't think that bitter is the correct word to use. There are no bitter Rangers here. Usually the problems start because of someone not following the instructions, guidelines and rules that are part of this forum. The other problem that occurs is that some young kid who is all full of themselves comes here thinking they are bad. Our insistance about attention to detail and perfection was drumed into each of us. Why you ask? If you fuck up and don't do what you are supposed to do someone is going to die!
Now I will garantee you that shortly you will be catching a whole lot of shit and grief because you did not read and heed the rules of this forum by posting an introduction of yourself before you started with your questions.

StandBy Rounds are on their Way!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Spartan

Re: What's the deal?

Post by Spartan »

GroundControl wrote:This is my first time on this board, but I don't understand why so many of you former Rangers are bitter. You seem to have a "screw you" attitude toward both other Rangers and those interested in becoming one. I was down at Camp Legueme this weekend and even the Recon Marines I talked to down there were friendly. These are guys who are usually more than happy to mess with non-Marines.

Let's get real, I have a lot of respect for Rangers, but Recon is just as elite and they treated me without any type of hostility. In fact they took me with them on a 10 mile training run.

What gives?
Have any Rangers been mean to you lately? Is it hot where you are currently located? Would you me like to mail a popsicle to you or are you just needing a hug?

BTW - I really don't see much in the way of an introduction there, just some inane drivel about how Rangers are mean or rude and Marine Recon guys are nice.

And your point is what, exactly?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Ground control, this is Major Tom..........Had anyone on this site done something to offend you personally? I didn't fucken think so. If you think Recon Fucking Marines are so cool, why don't you go get fucked in the ass by one. You just did the the thing that pisses us off. We didn't do anything to you, but you came here and insulted us. FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!!! I'm done here, guys

NEXT...................
Last edited by Looon on April 27th, 2004, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I think it might be real cool if you did some running with me. Wot do you say GC that we do 2 million laps around our puters - last one is a rotten egg! :twisted:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

It is simple really, as soon as you disrespect one of the Rangers you will get smoked and rightfully so too. As has been stated at nasueum this is their house, we are their guests.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Sound Effects Man?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

KAWHOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Sorry Desert Sloth - The Sound Effects Man has spoken!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

1 hour 21 minutes start to finish! What is the record? You got to love it!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Vapor Brain wrote: nasueum
I could not find this word in the dictionary....

WTF???!!! :shock:
thats my mistake Ranger Desert Sloth, it is actually spelled nauseam. :oops:
Last edited by Vapor Brain on April 27th, 2004, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

McD wrote:What is the record?
Something like four minutes.

Return to “Introduction Archive”