Garrison: student chain of command?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
RogueFA
Embryo

Garrison: student chain of command?

Post by RogueFA »

RANGERS:

While in Garrison at RS, do the RI's put the students in PL/PSG/SL type positions? Are these positions evaluated as go/nogo, or how is it done?

Thanks, Appreciate any input.
"...that's what this sack of wrenches is for." - Patches O'houlihan.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Yes and No
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I know the leadership position was not the place to be when it came time to inspect how clean the latrine was. The phrase" Is that toilet cean enough to drink out of" comes to mind. :shock:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Infantry44
Ranger

Post by Infantry44 »

When you are not in the field there is a Class 1SG who is responsible for herding everyone into formations, reciting the Creed, and getting said herd through chow in a timely manner. Also, he accepts handjobs as passage to get on the Chow Detail, which typically involves gorging oneself on the leftovers from whatever meal was just served.

Other than that there is no "garrison" CoC, at least that I remember.

Now, from the looks of your profile you've got a couple 25m targets up which you'd better shoot at first :lol:
#06-06
OIF 06-08 (PL, 10th MTN)
OIF VII / OND (XO, 5th GRP)
JORSOF EV11 (TL, 5th GRP)
freefalle7
Ranger

Post by freefalle7 »

Yea you have the Student/admin COC:

SQD LDRS, PLT SGT and Company 1SG.

These are not graded positions, but if you screw up and get fired they could give you a major minus(never saw it happen).

I was our company 1SG (not hard just typical accountabiliy formation BS).

We had a Student SGM in the mountains, which was the Chow detail/Barracks cleaning guy, nothing more.

In Florida the student COC was me (Class LDR) and the PLT SGTs.

I did was the same stuff as the SGM in the mountains(Chow detail, accountability formations and making sure the barracks were clean BS).

When we returned to Camp Rodgers(FT Benning) we had a Major who became the Class Ldr (I was very happy).

Dont sweat the student COC stuff, what you need to focus on is passing your patrols.

Good luck
FREE

RLTW!
Ranger Class # 06-07

A trp 1/17 CAV 82nd ABN DIV 91-95
F co 51st INF (LRS)(ABN) 95-97
A co 1/325 82nd ABN DIV 97-99
Aco 2/19 INF ITB 99-02
B co 3/504 82nd ABN DIV 02-03
HHC 82nd ABN Div 03-07
Currently on orders to 6th RTB

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”