68w AND option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
phweeprunner
Embryo

68w AND option 40

Post by phweeprunner »

After speaking with a recruiter or two, and both of them saying that they did not think it was possible to get an option 40 with a 68w/BAT contract, I am curious on how that will affect my chances of becoming a Ranger.

Is it possible to get option 40 on a 68w contract?
How much more difficult/time consuming is it to go in without option 40 and still want to become a Ranger?

I have read some postings, and have gotten the impression to be a dick and fight until I get what I want on my contract. If so, is that what I need to do to get my option 40, argue, demand, and not accept anything besides what I want?
Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens not by what life brings to us but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts events and outcomes. It is a catalyst a spark that creates extraordinary results
Nugget
Ranger

Post by Nugget »

Stick to your guns, search more and post less.

Nugget
A Co 1/75 1996-2000
Class 9-98

"I'm not the best medic, but I'm YOUR medic"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Go tell you recruiters that Point of sale spells out what MOS's can have OPT 40 attached as a contract incentive.

It can also found in ChapTer 9 of AR 601-210.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Chapter 9 and point of sale program both spell it out.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”