Working Biceps

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Dog Snatch

Working Biceps

Post by Dog Snatch »

Since the military doesn't reccomend weight-training, what type of excersize can you do to work the bicep?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Pullups, hands towards you.

The Army is getting smarter on weight training. Who told you the Army was down on weight training? I know that nowadays BATT has incorporated weight training into PT as when I was in they did not.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

You better do 20 pull-ups at lunch. they only require a lesser anount but you need to cover someone that can't do as much that will save your life down road. Trust me!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Dog Snatch

Post by Dog Snatch »

Cool cool. I can do about 15 now. Do a lot of people in Basic score close to 300?
number77
Embryo

Post by number77 »

I know this is a little off base, but i went jogging the other day. When i was done i did like 5 chin-ups and 5 pull-ups. I wasn't trying to work out my bicepts, just get the blood flow moving in my upper body. Anyways, there was this old man there. He asked me if i could do 50. I said no(can't do 50 without stopping but i'm working on it). he said that in the marines you have to do 150. Maybe he meant like spread out. he was obviously old and i'm sure times have changed. Anyone else heard of such a large number? Then, after that he sort of mumble something, talking about how they teach you to do them in the marines and teach you to die. made me feel bad for him. :(
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

All that is required is 6. If you can do more, good for you.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Working biceps ? WTF ? Dog Snatch I believe you are getting body building confused with physical conditioning. There is a difference in how you would lift weights to improve your phsical performance in contrast to working individual muscles or body parts to look buff as in body building.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Working biceps ? WTF ? Dog Snatch I believe you are getting body building confused with physical conditioning. There is a difference in how you would lift weights to improve your phsical performance in contrast to working individual muscles or body parts to look buff as in body building.
Being that the Admin banned Dog Snatch, I don't think he'll be frequenting the site any more to read/heed your advice.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Yeah you can fuck me and my soon-to-be-iron-abs-and-quads, Ranger Steadfast.
I see he is more into looking at himself in the mirror anyways.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About Army Physical Training”