What exactly is Rucking?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Absolute Zero

What exactly is Rucking?

Post by Absolute Zero »

Hey all I was just wondering if rucking is basically hiking with a lot of weight on your back. Any info would really help, thanks
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

rucking is hiking with a rucksack(large backpack that can carry clothes, supplies, water, etc).
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: What exactly is Rucking?

Post by Steadfast »

RandomHero wrote:Hey all I was just wondering if rucking is basically hiking with a lot of weight on your back. Any info would really help, thanks
POST AN INTRO AS REQUIRED BY ALL THAT COME ONTO OUR BOARD AND READ AND HEED THIS:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The search button at the top of the page is your friend. Read some more before you make another post like this one.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

mrvaa wrote:rucking is hiking with a rucksack(large backpack that can carry clothes, supplies, water, etc).
WHY ARE YOU ANSWERING FOR US MARVA GIRLLY. YOU BETTER READ AND HEED THIS TOO!

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837

OR YOU ARE GONNA GET YOUR ASS BANNED!

Fourth - as you have not yet soldiered, you will refrain from dispensing advice on the best path to acheive the goals one seeks while serving or how to accomplish the tasks which are performed by a soldier. If, and only if, you later become a soldier, we invite you to share your experiences about soldierly matters on this website.

PAY ATTENTION MARVA GIRLLY
Last edited by Steadfast on April 26th, 2004, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

sorry Ranger Steadfast, just offering up advice I thought would be useful to him.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

mrvaa wrote:sorry Ranger Steadfast, just offering up advice I thought would be useful to him.
THEN STFU - you are not here to dispense advice or you will be gone!

Fourth - as you have not yet soldiered, you will refrain from dispensing advice on the best path to acheive the goals one seeks while serving or how to accomplish the tasks which are performed by a soldier. If, and only if, you later become a soldier, we invite you to share your experiences about soldierly matters on this website.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Absolute Zero

Sorry

Post by Absolute Zero »

Sorry for the unpleasantries I have caused over my obvious inconsiderate entrance to the forum. My name is Jeff, I'm 18 and about to go through the physical and ASVAB, then sign my contract. I intend to enter the Delayed Entry program til September, til then I plan to research as much as possible and really bust my ass in PT until I reach my final goal, the Black and Gold on my unform. I will either enter with a 11B Infantry or 18B Special Weapons Sergeant. Any advise/stories/PT guide/anything useful feel free to e-mail me at Randomhero65@hotmail.com Thanks
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sorry

Post by Steadfast »

RandomHero wrote:Sorry for the unpleasantries I have caused over my obvious inconsiderate entrance to the forum. My name is Jeff, I'm 18 and about to go through the physical and ASVAB, then sign my contract. I intend to enter the Delayed Entry program til September, til then I plan to research as much as possible and really bust my ass in PT until I reach my final goal, the Black and Gold on my unform. I will either enter with a 11B Infantry or 18B Special Weapons Sergeant. Any advise/stories/PT guide/anything useful feel free to e-mail me at Randomhero65@hotmail.com Thanks
You are an idiot. I told you to go to the intro section. Why are you doing your intro in this section? Get your stupid ass over to intro now. Do not answer me here.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Absolute Zero

My mistake

Post by Absolute Zero »

That was my mistake Ranger Steadfast, won't happen again

Return to “About Army Physical Training”