Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome to the Site, Zero. Nice introduction, just be aware of all the rules and read the FAQ's out there. Tread softly on here, and you will have all the help you would ever need. I for one, no nothing of recruiting, but there are those on here that do. Someone will be around to square you away soon...

Again, welcome, and thank you for your desire to serve.

Sua Sponte
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
jason11x
Embryo

question

Post by jason11x »

I commend you in your determination in accomplishing your goal of being a Soldier and more so, a Ranger.
What specific actions make you think that your recruiter is screwing you?

As for the ASVAB, I went to my local library & borrowed the following books:

Master the ASVAB by Scott A. Ostrow
Edition 20th ed.
Publisher Lawrenceville, NJ : Thomson Peterson's, c2006.
Paging xiii, 631 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Notes 20th ed. consists of book only and no CD. 3rd ed. has book and CD

McGraw-Hill's ASVAB basic training for the AFQT by Janet E. Wall
Publisher New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006.
Paging xiii, 317 p. ; 28 cm.
Summary 8 full-length model subtests with explanations. Detailed coverage of the AFQT arithmetic reasoning, math knowledge, word knowledge, and paragraph comprehension subtests. Drills and exercises to sharpen your verbal and math skills

I found these books to be quite helpful. Helped me get an AFQT score of 89 w/ Army composite scores all over 120. Here's a link to a brief explanation of the scores - http://www.army.com/enlist/asvab_score.html

Your recruiter and your counselor at MEPS (when you process-in for your physical and contract) will look at your ASVAB scores to determine what potential MOS you would qualify for. Obviously, they would also consider other factors in helping you determine what MOS. Other factors include but are not limited to age, education level, law violations, & citizenship (for security clearances). Overall, the better you do in the ASVAB, the better chance you have in getting into the MOS you want. Good luck!!
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: question

Post by Parabellum »

jason11x wrote:I commend you in your determination in accomplishing your goal of being a Soldier and more so, a Ranger.
And who the fuck are you?

::QRT::
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
jason11x
Embryo

apology

Post by jason11x »

Point taken, my apologies Ranger Parabellum. I'm a nobody compared to you & the other Rangers.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your career plan.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

flustered huh? some noob is going to "fluster" us?

welcome and thanks for looking at serving. good intro.

attention to detail is very important to our longevity in this lifestyle. fix what you've been told to fix and start paying attention now. it may save you some pain later.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

DEP68W wrote:Pushing Ranger KW Driver, that was meant to be a PM. Attention to detail on my part, was lacking.
:wink:

an don't none of you walking talkin'/spellin' lessons give me no shit neither, I'm just funnin' with the youngun...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Introduction Archive”