Regarding FCS and the camo pattern used

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Gator85
Embryo

Regarding FCS and the camo pattern used

Post by Gator85 »

Rangers and others,

I am looking for what Rangers who have been in the Army for a number of years and those that are currently in think of the fact the FCS uniforms use a new camo pattern than the current ACUs. It appears to have much less velcro and has a pattern that is very much like Multicam. Here is a link to the picture(actually has a Ranger from 3/75th dead center, and Bogdin seems to be playing a Xbox360). Do you think the Army would change uniforms after spending so much money on the current ACU and getting them deployed or will they only be issued to the more specialized units(Rangers etc.) and than slowly trickle down to the common Soldier?

http://www.army.mil/-images/2007/02/02/2287/

Thanks for your time Rangers.

-Chris
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Being that the plate carriers look like the Crye plate carriers it probably is multicam. So they are trying out new shit, sounds like that’s what they are supposed to do. If you search you will see several threads on the ACUs. Why the fuck we are supposed to know something about shit that is being tested I have no fucking idea, but what is funny is that this pic has already been on another board and the first comment was “ Great now all the airsofters will be running around saying Rangers have multicamâ€
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Gator85
Embryo

Post by Gator85 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:The current color scheme and pattern of the ACU's is their biggest flaw (not only flaw, but their biggest). Crye precision has the best overall design, hands down. From the way the uniforms are setup and the variety of uniform types to their choice of pattern, multicam, they are in my opinion the best choice for the Army's combat uniform. I have written Crye precision before about this very subject and asked when they are going to help the Army get rid of that glow in the dark pattern we currently use. They told me:
Hello Mr xxxxxxxx,

Fortunately, Multicam and many of the other products we run are the vision for the Army for the 2010-2012 fielding timeframe. Obviously the big Army moves slowly, but in the meantime, many of the individual units have received waivers to use Multicam in theater. Thanks for the support and know that if ever the opportunity arises to outfit your guys with gear that might actually conceal rather than glow in the dark, we're here to help.

Regards,

Gregg Thompson
Director of Engineering

CRYE PRECISION TM
www.cryeprecision.com
Performance First TM
718-246-3838

There you have it.
Thank you Ranger Horned Toad and Ranger Tenn-RGR for your feedback and the information from Crye Precision. It was exactly what I asked to know. Thanks for your time.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

That Crye stuff looks good, and just looking at the pattern, it appears to blend better.

One of those Boonie Hats needs to make it's way to my head.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Multi-cam is good stuff. Expensive tho.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

The smart thing is that they got the real fucking experts from 3/75 (click pic) to test this shit out!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “Personal Gear”