HELP!! Curious about interservice transfers

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Milo-142
USN

HELP!! Curious about interservice transfers

Post by Milo-142 »

Hello,
I am attempting to find out if it is possible to transfer at the age of 33 y/o from the NavSpecWar Community to the RIP course. Why? We do not get any work and I am anxious to go over. I am a fully qualified x5326 (SEAL) currently in the reserves and going over with another group to the sandbox and will be back in October. If this is possible, please tell me how, what and where I need to go. I am also an E-6 and am willing to drop one paygrade but not more than that. Thanks.
Please e-mail me at Milo-142@att.net
This is not a joke, just tired of not getting to do real world ops. Thanks again!
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Milo:

This site requires an introduction as the first post - please proceed to this Introduction FAQ for more information.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1842

Welcome. I would not worry about keeping the rank so much as I would about passing RIP/ROP and meeting the standards of the Ranger Regiment on a daily basis if I were you.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Your case is a rare one.

i will ask that you be verified at SOCNET before i even try to give you advice.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Milo-

Welcome, what Reserve Team are you with?
Milo-142
USN

Post by Milo-142 »

I am currently with NavSpecWar Det-Rhode Island it used to be called NR SEAL Team 2.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

That is a pretty brief intro Milo. As per site SOP:

If you are a non-Ranger veteran, active-duty service member reservist or guard member - please state the particulars of your service, units and years you served into this section of the site. Thank you for your service to our country. The site moderators will modify your site title to match your service.

When and where were you on active duty as a SEAL ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Are you seriously looking to branch Transfer?

if so, you WILL have to ETS unless you apply for Army OCS. when you plan to enlist in the Army, you will require a grade determination. more than likely you will not be able to keep E-5 or E-6, since only USMC NCO schools count for Army credit. you may enlist infantry, will have to go to OSUT unless someone WAY beyond Army recruiting steps in. since you are already Airborne qualified, attending RIP will probably be something you have to woork behind the scenes.

given your backround, i would not think there would be a problem if you talk to your gaining chain of command. don't qoute me.

i would, once in the Army, plan a trip to Benning to meet with the Ranger liason face to face. take all certs with you and explain what you are trying to do.

USAREC can not schedule you for RIP. sorry.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Milo-142
USN

Hit It

Post by Milo-142 »

Hit It, do you have a POC I could get you at? A phone number you could send to my e-mail address at Milo-142@att.net ? I would like to talk more to you about this. I am leaving the area on Weds. and would like to talk to you prior to that. Thanks.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Hit It

Post by Steadfast »

Milo-142 wrote:Hit It, do you have a POC I could get you at? A phone number you could send to my e-mail address at Milo-142@att.net ? I would like to talk more to you about this. I am leaving the area on Weds. and would like to talk to you prior to that. Thanks.
Milo-142,

Please refer to hit_it as SFC hit_it on this board.

Thank you for your service to our country.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”