Contractor Information

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Doc Roberts
US Army Veteran

Contractor Information

Post by Doc Roberts »

This is a two tier question so please bear with me. I have two close friends, who are local LEO's with me. One is trying to find information on the DynaCorp mission to Afghan to train the police. He has tried the normal routes for info with little success, but is trying to find a little insider info so he can make a logical decision. Secondly the other has been in contact with "Paratus Worldwide" but is trying to find a little more info about them specifically as well. I would rather not discuss openly anything on here but you can PM me and we can exchange numbers for better contact. Any help would be appreciated.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Thomas Paine

"DOC, check out that hole....!" Maj. Boz, Yusufiyah, Iraq
LEO, Ditch Doc
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Contractor Information

Post by Nomad »

Doc Roberts wrote:This is a two tier question so please bear with me. I have two close friends, who are local LEO's with me. One is trying to find information on the DynaCorp mission to Afghan to train the police. He has tried the normal routes for info with little success, but is trying to find a little insider info so he can make a logical decision. Secondly the other has been in contact with "Paratus Worldwide" but is trying to find a little more info about them specifically as well. I would rather not discuss openly anything on here but you can PM me and we can exchange numbers for better contact. Any help would be appreciated.
The contract you are talking about was called CIVPOL last I checked. It pays fairly well, but both in Iraq and Afghanistan a lot of the guys have been getting killed. If they are interested, tell them to send the resume to DynCorp and title it CIVPOL. That should do the trick.

As for Paratus Worldwide, I have never heard of them. Remember that dozens of companies popped up after 9/11 and all proclaim that they do this and that in "high threat areas of the world" and have "49873209784 years of combined SEALRECONRANGER andLAPD SWAT experience" in their company. Unless you know specifically of them having a contract, which you can check on the DoD and DoS websites, I wouldn't waste my time.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Paratus Worldwide Protection's professionals have operated in Iraq since reconstruction efforts began, providing convoy protection, PSDs, security surveys and assessments, risk analysis, physical threat mitigation and business intelligence. Our Iraq-based management team has established superior mission-critical security capabilities by investing in experienced operators, training, armored equipment, fortified operations centers and sophisticated communications and tracking technologies. These investments demonstrate Paratus’ commitment to providing high-quality service to clients in Iraq. Our personnel have excelled in hostile, high-risk regions of the world and are experts in providing practical security solutions to the complex security problems encountered in Iraq.
I see a lot of past tense in their sell sheet that's supposed to be about their current operations. Almost as if they were describing their employee's resumes and not their company's history...
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Paratus Website wrote:Paratus Worldwide Protection's professionals have operated in Iraq since reconstruction efforts began, providing convoy protection, PSDs, security surveys and assessments, risk analysis, physical threat mitigation and business intelligence. Our Iraq-based management team has established superior mission-critical security capabilities by investing in experienced operators, training, armored equipment, fortified operations centers and sophisticated communications and tracking technologies. These investments demonstrate Paratus’ commitment to providing high-quality service to clients in Iraq. Our personnel have excelled in hostile, high-risk regions of the world and are experts in providing practical security solutions to the complex security problems encountered in Iraq.
God like creatures with guns...too bad no one has heard of them.

The DoS has no clue who they are, since they aren't on the 03-04 List

Adding to that, the pictures on their website don't scream big funding, when all the guys are carrying Ak47's and driving around in Ford trucks.

Looks like they work with LN and TCN's and aren't too big on hiring professionals. Their main source of income seems to be convoy security, which is a shitty job and usually doesn't pay all that well either.

Their actual company website, which they advertise, does not exist.

I also don't see any awards for them on the DoD website.
Doc Roberts
US Army Veteran

Post by Doc Roberts »

Rangers Matador and Evilcouch, thanks for the responses and they have sent to my friend. Some of your sdvice reflects what we have spoke about in conversations recdently.. Thanks for your insight and time on the issue however.....if ever I can return the favor, just ask or PM.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Thomas Paine

"DOC, check out that hole....!" Maj. Boz, Yusufiyah, Iraq
LEO, Ditch Doc

Return to “Post Service Issues”