5 Years in 2/75 and no Ranger School? Is this possible?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
fatart
Ranger

It happens

Post by fatart »

There was a guy that finally got his tab after 5-6 times. He was in B co 2/75, can't remeber his name right off but they kept him around beacuse he'd gone into the Panama invasion with the unit. Good Ranger, just kept getting caught in the RI roulette game, he's a Tacoma police officer now so he's done good. I sent probably the best SAW gunner I ever had three times and he never got his shit.

Worked with a biggest, worthless, shitbag ever in the whole fucking world not only does that motherfucker have a Tab, he's got a combat tour, and a first sgt slot. As Forrest Gump said "It happens!"

Either a Tab or a story.
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"
2rgrbn
Ranger

Post by 2rgrbn »

If that's true-that blows.....[/quote]
Kovac how have you been, as you know I was there during that time and There were plenty of slots, no one I can remember went that long and how many tabless E-5 do you remember, 5 years in Bat and be a Spec 4 without a Tab, school is easier then the shit the tabs would be giving him. You, Wilson, Tuck, Sgt C and Sgt Brack fuck that he would have moved on the group of us behind you were just as ruthless.
2/75 90-94 B Co. 2nd Plt Class 11-92
MaddMike275
Ranger

Post by MaddMike275 »

Give me a guy with a couple of years wearing a scroll over anyone with a tab any day.
HAHAHA YOU MISSED ME!!!

C 2/75 '01'03 OEFx2
RS 3-02
100/442 IN USAR OIF (Check out the Nov26 Edition of the Army Times cover for one of the dipshits I served with in Iraq)
currently with D 1/505 PIR 3Bct 82nd Abn
2rgrbn
Ranger

Post by 2rgrbn »

MaddMike275 wrote:Give me a guy with a couple of years wearing a scroll over anyone with a tab any day.
I agree how many guys that are up to the standard of sporting the scroll for 4 years can't get a shot at school the scroll is a hell of alot harder to earn then the Tab
2/75 90-94 B Co. 2nd Plt Class 11-92
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

2rgrbn wrote:
MaddMike275 wrote:Give me a guy with a couple of years wearing a scroll over anyone with a tab any day.
I agree how many guys that are up to the standard of sporting the scroll for 4 years can't get a shot at school the scroll is a hell of alot harder to earn then the Tab
Having both, I'll back that up.
The tab is a school.
The scroll is a way of life.

Especially these days when wearing a scroll means wearing it in stereo, and living the life means having to earn that right shoulder wear over & over.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
lonergr77
Ranger

Mick

Post by lonergr77 »

Nomad wrote:One of my best friends in Batt was a guy named Mick. He had spent 5 years in C Co, went to RS 4 times and kept getting hurt.

It had fuckall to do with being a shitbag. He simply kept getting fucked up physically. The mental fortitude was never questioned by anyone. That is why he ended up taking a team in C Co around 2000-2001. He was one of 2 tabless TL's in Regiment. They sent him to the SSG Board, but he/they knew he could never get a squad without his shit.

So he went to RS again and made it to FL before he basically burned in on the jump, then came back and transferred with a PCS Award to Germany, right before OIF kicked off.

Helluva Ranger and I could give a fat rat's ass if he was tabbed or not.
I concur, Mick is still one of my closest friends. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have made it past my first week in BN. He's a great MF that even today still talks about going back a 5th time. Just bad luck with the injuries.
lonergr77

3rd Plt, Cco, 2/75 - Nov '96 to Dec '99
RRD - Dec '99 to Dec '03
TSE Inc - Dec '03 to May '10
RRC Civilian - May '10 -
RC - 3-98
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

2rgrbn wrote:
Things must have been really fucked up in 2/75. During the Clinton years if you were in BN. for 4 years and never went to the school or never got tabbed, while your TIB can be respected, you obviously fucked up some where. You either could not move up the OML or you fucked up while at the suck.

During those years of limited combat engagements, you only had a few things to measure Hooah's by, and graduation of the Course was mandatory.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”