my introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Two mile run

Post by Bravo57 »

zach_stewart wrote:Thank you, but I have not timed my two mile run. Only a five mile run.
It was a hint jackass :evil:

Next time just call me motherfucker
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

These Rangers are only trying to tell you what is going to be expected of you if you make it to the Spec Ops community, in any capacity. I was not at 75TH Ranger Regiment, I was a school Ranger and a member of a Division LRSD. Trust me when I tell you that these Rangers are only telling what is coming your way if you get to Regiment, I had my balls smoked off more times than I can count and I can tell you what that is like. They are telling you to learn from your mistakes. BUT IF YOU QUIT THIS EASY ON AN INTERNET FORUM WHERE, BRUSQUE THOUGH RANGERS MAY BE, THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU WILL QUIT THAT MUCH EASIER WHEN THE RI'S ARE 1/4 INCH FROM YOUR FACE. They will not be so nice and use the mild language you see here. Grow thick skin, learn from what you did wrong and try again. If you don't, it's your loss. I wish you well, BUT IF YOU DON'T POST AGAIN AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT, THEN AND ONLY THEN, DID YOU TRULY WASTE THEIR TIME.
Active Duty 1993-1996
25th LRSD Dec 1993-March 1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

Ok, the important thing to know is that your posts are getting better. You are frustrated because you are getting pounded a little bit, but you did not become belligerent, you responded respectfully. That's what we/they want. Someone who who can bounce back. Trust me, this is minor. Wait till you screw up for real, and you will. We all have at one time or another. So, having gotten that out of the way, let's see what we can do to get you ready. Where are you in thinking about the service? Just thinking? Going to enlist? Don't know where to begin for asking for what type contract or MOS? Have you even talked to a recruiter? What are your interests (commo, infantry, electronics, artillery)?
Active Duty 1993-1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

have fun in Korea quitter.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

NEGATIVE. Hold up. This is your life, not his. He has an agenda and it does not include your wishes and desires. If you want the 11xOPT40, get it. Otherwise, don't sign your fucking name. Simple as that. I took an 11x contract with no promises other than going to Hawaii/25th ID and climbed my way out fucking leg land, clawing and scraping into LRSD (Long Range Surveillance Detachment). Trust me, I was very fortunate, but I fought for it, don't sign that 11x contract alone. It's near instant death, especially if you want Regiment, nothing could really be further from it. If he wants to make his numbers, he'll get it for you. Period. If not, hold out, go to another town and see another recruiter. DO NOT TAKE SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU DON'T WANT TO BE. BTW, what kind of soldier is the recruiter? What's his MOS and what kind of shiny shit does have on his uniform? Oh, and just saying worry about infantry first is fucking hogwash.
Active Duty 1993-1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Zach,

Ranger LRSD is giving you some very serious advice that you need to take very seriously. He is going the extra mile with you. You should consider yourself very fortunate. Prove to him that you are worthy and perhaps you will find a mentor to help you reach your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

These items alone qualify him to tell you nothing about being a Ranger, though I appreciate his service to the nation. Seriously, DO NOT GO TO MEPS WITHOUT SOMETHING IN HAND SAYING WHAT YOU WANT. You will get fucked out of what it is you desire most. These guys have quotas, see, and they will direct you to whatever it is they need to fill. 11x is real popular, expecially if you have a low ASVAB score and I'm guessing they think you fit. As I recall, 110 is real damn high (someone jump in who recalls). Took mine so long ago (about 14 years) I can't recall. Here's what you tell numb nuts when you see him next " Sarn't, if you can't get me a contract for an OPT40, I'll take my business elsewhere. In fact, someone said Force Recon Marine is really fucking great (and they are). Hey, maybe I can look like Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge!" Watch his expression and see how quick that OPT40 materializes. Talk to us again before you sign or do anything. BTW, what are your stats? Are you a muscle bound freak or a skinny marathon runner?
Active Duty 1993-1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

BTW....did his only shiny thing look like this?
Active Duty 1993-1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD

Return to “Introduction Archive”